Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make the dashboard to hide certain information?

Hi,

I have problem to do the display certain information in the qlikview

How I can hide certain information in my dashboard?For example, I want the dashboard do not display any information in the EMployment Status that is stated 'Not Active'.

I want the graphs, and the other filters do not show the 'Not Active' employees.

pp.PNG.png

Regards,

Kama

12 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You can use SET ANALYSIS in an aggregation expression to remove 'Not Active' numbers.

For example,

Count(distinct Employee)   -> counts all employees

Count ( {$<[Employment Status]={'Active'}>}  distinct Employee) -> Counts only active employees

By adding the SET expression  {$<[Employment Status]={'Active'}>}     to each expression in each chart you will get what you are after

But... a question.... do you even want the Employment Status to have 'not active' in there ? If not, you may want to filter it out of the data load in the load script...

Not applicable
Author

To remove Not Active, you will have to Set each and every chart expression. But good idea is to avoid it in script in itslef. 

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Instead of doing this in front end try to filter this data in script itself by using where condition like below

LOAD

FROM DataSource

WHERE EMployment Status <> 'Not Active';

If you are using SQL then

SELECT

FROM TableName

WHERE EMployment Status != 'Not Active';

If you want to deal this in front end, everywhere you need to do hard coding and it is optimal because you have to use Calculated expressions in Listboxes etc.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

HI, I dont want employment Status to show Not aactive information.

Not applicable
Author

Can u show me the steps and the script that i need to put into the qlikview?

Not applicable
Author

I have to put this into the script editor right? Why I get error when i do that?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes, what error you got?  can you attach the screenshot?

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Please  attach your app.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

this is my qlikview dashboard