Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to copy all objects and data in it from one QVW app to another.

Hello,

This is in continuation to my previous question of merging two qvw apps. I was suggested to use Binary load. It worked!! And, it allowed me to have the data loaded from one qvw to another.

But I need the Objects to be copied too, from one qvw to another.  (And I am looking for a recommended approach to copy all the sheets and objects.)

I have already gone through Re: How to import document layout

But, it is not working for me or may be I have not found the correct link. Can someone please help with that?

(QV version 10, SR5 )

Many thanks in advance!

-Abhishek

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Abhishek.

For this,

1. Make sure that You have checked the option in

object Properties-->Layout--> Options--> Alllow Move/Size and Allow Copy.

2. Copy( Cntrl+C) the Object and Paste it in the second QVW.

Or Right Click on the object--> Copy to clipboard--> Object, Then Paste the same in Second QVW.

Regards,

Joshmi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Abhishek,

Few things to take a note while copying objects in QlikView;

1, Sheets cannot be copied from a qvw to another

solution being, you just need to create the sheets with similar name in the new qvw and coply all the abjects from      your old qvw to the new one ie. Ctrl+A -> Ctrl +V !

2, Make sure to create the Variables declared and Triggers again as they can't be copied either !

3. any script changes also nee to be copied into the new qvw.

Hope it helps !

Cheers !

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The quickest way is the XML method, but you can copy sheet by sheet as well. Open the source model and the target model in two separate QV instances.

• Create a new tab in the destination.
  • Select the tab in the source document, press Ctrl+Shift+S to toggle Show all view.
  • Then press Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+C to select and copy all object on the sheet to the clipboard.
  • Select the target sheet. Right click and choose "Paste Sheet Object As Link". This preserves the object IDs.
  • Hidden objects should hide themselves when pasted. Ctrl+Shift+S toggles Show all view on and off.
  • Save the target document.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Johnathan,

Yes, I was looking for a resolution through XML import/export. But, unfortunately I was unable to get the desired result using that technique.

-Abhishek