cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

Excel - Read in list of Sheet Names from Script

I've been having some terrible issues trying to get this to work.  I need to create a connection to an excel spreadsheet and pull the names of the sheets into a QlikView table.  I've seen many examples how to do this:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/61585

I've got a connection that works to my spreadsheet:

OLEDB

CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\TEST.xlsx;Mode=Read;Extended Properties=Excel 12.0;Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=37;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=0;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False];

and then I try to use the code that is supposed to bring in the sheet names as a column:

Temp_Tables:

sqltables;

But this just brings back a qlikview table with 0 rows that have these columns (TABLE_CATALOG, TABLE_SCHEMA, TABLE_NAME, TABLE_TYPE, TABLE_GUID, DESCRIPTION, TABLE_PROPID, DATE_CREATED, DATE_MODFIIED, DATASOURCE).

Is there anyone that might be able to help?

I'm attaching a sample qvw

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

PFA

joshabbott