Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tab script reload.

Hi all,

I have a query I have multiple tabs in the script. Is it possible to reload the script of a single tab instead of the entire script. as it takes a lot of time. Does partial reload work for this usecase?

Thanks,

Sai

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sai,

If you just want a quick way to do this, then promote the tab higher in your script and then use 'exit scrpt;' at the end of the tab.

If you are looking for a more dynamic way to cheery pick certain tabs to reload each time, then I would look at maybe using a passed in parameter string to your reload, listing out the required tabs to reload in it and then an if statement on each tab, looking for it's value to decide to run the tab or not

hope that helps

Joe

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create sub routines on each tab by enclosing the code on the tab in Sub MySubNameHere and End Sub. Then add a new tab and call each sub routine on that last tab. Comment out the sub routines with the code you don't want to run.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I wish I could mark both correct. Thanks guys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

if you are reloading manuallly,comment the code you don't want to reload.

But if you are scheduling the reload of Document ,then Gysberts sub routines solution looks good.

Regards

Neetha

Not applicable
Author

No worries,

If you are just looking for something a bit manual but clean, Gysbert's suggestion is the one to go for.

If you do have adjusting requirements on each reload schedule (Full vs Inc reloads, start of day dimension table reload only etc) then I would look at the parameter option.

Joe