Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Server Requirements

Hi,

I am looking at getting a new server but unsure what specification I should be looking to get, any ideas?

We currently have 300 Document Cals and 5 Active Documents on our current server.

Thanks

8 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is it for QlikView Server, QlikView Publisher, or both?

What is the maximum number of simultaneous visitors you expect to have?

Did you do a preliminary RAM size calculation based on your document sizes? See also http://community.qlik.com/message/696933#696933

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Qlikview server, about 120 users could be using any of the 5 documents at one time.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

First estimate based on minimal information (CALs are not important): lots of CPU cores and enough RAM. Standard disks. Network connection with sufficient throughput.

Can be refined if you supply us some more details (see the other questions above)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Take your time, because it's important that your basic assumptions are right.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this file for calculating the RAM and processors.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your help so far, how do I use this spreadsheet? Do I open the spreadsheet on the server as I do not have Excel installed but I can possibly point the spreadsheet to the server.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi Ivan Drago (great name!)

I would also recommend that you contact  Qlik Scalability center and get an updated list of whitelisted server. Will save you alot of problems down the line. Have fun and good luck

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Open the excel file and just fill the values which are highlighted in the Yellow color.

Regards,

Jagan.