Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression label Syntax

Please can somebody help,

I have written custom expressions within a pivot table object and simply want the 'total' expressions titles to display in bold text. I know the bold syntax is '<B>' but can't get the syntax right. I am a novice.

This:

=('<B>'&'Total Available Group Funds')

isn't working.

Please help.

Thanks

12 Replies
yura_ratu
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

You can't use such syntax in expression. Delete it

Turn on design grid in your document: Ctrl+G. Then in context menu of Title you want to edit choose Custom Format Cell, and then pick bold in font settings

chrislofthouse
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Bold.png

yura_ratu
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

This aproach doesn't work for titles of the table

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Francis,

Navigate to View >Design Grid, then Right Click on the Title,select 'Custom Cell Format', then select Bold and ensure that Apply change to 'Current Dimension' is select and then click OK.

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew,

This changes all the expression titles to bold, I only want the title for my selected expression to turn bold. This is why I thought a label expression would be required.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This applies the bold font to all expression titles. I only want 3 of the expressions in this chart object to be bold , 2 are subtotals and an overall total.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you upload your app?  If you create total by using "show partial sums", it should be bold by default.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I can't upload the app due to data sensitivity. I can't use partial sums because it is not a real pivot table, the 13 rows in the table are individual expressions, 3 of which are sums of combinations of the others (all written in the expression). The show partial sums check box within the presentation tab is disabled.

Regards

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Can you post a screen shot, what sort of chart is it if not a 'real' pivot?