Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview server oracle odbc fails while desktop reloads! TNS

Hi guys,

i'm migrating qlikview apps from old server to a new one and i have a problem with oracle odbc. I've installed it as on the old computer (windows 7 64 bit) and i configured tns (TNS_ADMIN, tnsnames.ora, Path etc.) but when i reload my app on the server i get this error:

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: 08004, ErrorCode: 12154, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

But when i reload it with Qlikview desktop it's okay.... I don't have any idea whats wrong...

The old qlikview server version was for windows 7 but now we have Windows 2012 R2, maybe thats the reason?

Best regards,

Jacek

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I hope all Oracle services are running when you run your app. And, in your new server ODBC for Oracle is set up correctly?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

we only connect to database, we cannot see if the Oracle database services are running, but on the old Qlikview server it worked fine...

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi did you use same client to connect to your server?

Regards

ASHFAQ

avinashelite

Hi Jacek,

Make user your old ODBC connection names and the new ODBC connection names are same (Case sensitive)

most of the cases in the server you might have not created the ODBC connection names same as your local ODBC names.

Not applicable
Author

The odbc names are perfectly thesame. The reload works on desktop, so the connection with the database is okay. I don't know why the server doesnt see TNS...

avinashelite

if that is the case ask your Qlikview server admin to check on the server  TNS files for your connections and I think the tns names are missing in the sever . So please ask the server admins to add this TNS names.

Not applicable
Author

The problem is that i'm logged on a account that runs qlikview server and desktop runs okay but server not

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

are u created ur DSN Connection through System DSN or User DSN? it should by System DSN .

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it's through System DSN