6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2011 5:11 PM by w00master RSS

Pull Dates, Doing Comparisons and creating a master calendar

w00master

Hey Everyone-

I've been stumped on this.  I have a situation where I receive raw data (sometimes via csv, other times via excel, etc.) where the dashboard needs to compare data based on "pull date."

In other words, say user A does a report and pulls the data in January '11.  He/she produces his/her dashboard/report in excel.

Next month (Obviously Feb '11), User A pulls the data again.  Same data set (somethings have obviously changed).  Now not only does he/she need to produce his/her dashboard/report, but also needs to compare Data set from Feb to Dataset in January.

So on and so forth.

As time goes on, these pulls will need to be looked at by quarter and by year, as well as comparing year over year as well as quarter over quarter. Which in my mind, we need to create some sort of master calendar from this data set.

My question is, the dataset that we receive has no "pull date."  How do we apply the pull date into the table?  Ideas on creating a master calendar?

Here's how the structure looks like:

Pull #1: April 2011

Client Name, Division, Brand, Product, Campaign Name, Vendor Name, Campaign Start Date, Campaign End Date, Spend $

Coke, North America, Classic, Coke, 2011 Initiatives, Google, 1/1/11, 3/31/11, $10,000,000.00

Jenny Craig, Foods, Diet Food, Chocolate Bar, 2011 1H Diet Foods, Yahoo, 1/1/11, 6/30/11, $1,000,0000

Pull #2: May 2011

Client Name, Division, Brand, Product, Campaign Name, Vendor Name, Campaign Start Date, Campaign End Date, Spend $

Coke, North America, Classic, Coke, 2011 Initiatives, Google, 1/1/11, 3/31/11, $9,000,000.00

Jenny Craig, Foods, Diet Food, Chocolate Bar, 2011 1H Diet Foods, Yahoo, 1/1/11, 6/30/11, $2,000,0000

Please note that Campaign Start and Campaign End Dates *do not* factor in comparisons. Only Pulls are compared, but pull date is *not* something that appears in the tables.

Thanks!