Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qv user manager limits?

So I am using the qv-user-manager tool from Power Tools.  I have been using the --add feature to put my users into a document.  I have found the max appears to be 49-50 users at a time with this feature.  Now I have hit a point where it will take no users anymore.  Is there a limitation based off of CALS or what?  I am getting the following error after running the command.

The remote server returned an unexpected response: (400) Bad Request. 

I cannot find any log files that are generated from the server when this goes on.  Any help would be great as I have another 100 users to add to this document and I don't want to do it by hand. 

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am also getting the same error. I have around 3000 named cals. Does it have any limit on the number of cals it can take? It works on my testing server where I have only 10 users but returns an error on my production error. The same error as you have mentioned

Arif

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can try increasing the <add key="MaxReceivedMessageSize" value="262144"/> that is in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config

I would double it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I doubled the value but still got the error

error2.PNG.png

error1.PNG.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Check your PGO files to make sure they are in sync. Compare  the date, time and size of the PGO files in the root fold against the ones in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.