Qlik Community

Welcome to Qlik Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
806 online

Here you will find Qlik Sense resources, partake in interesting discussions, solve problems and foster relationships with Qlik experts from around the globe.

Thank you for joining us in the QlikView Forum, your home for QlikView answers. Discover insights within your data that can transform your business.

Discussion board and documents related to Qlik Associative Big Data Index.

Find a forum to ask a question or start a discussion.

Information about additional Qlik opportunities and offerings.

Qlik partners with leading technology companies to develop integrations, extensions, and connectors to the Qlik platform.

Discussion Boards and Documents for Qlik Services.

View our Technical Blogs for updates and information.

Join one of our Qlik Community Groups. Anyone can view content in Open Groups, but you must join to participate. Closed Groups require joining in order to view content and participate.

Learn about the Qlik Community. Explore 'How-To' documentation, ask questions, and engage in discussion around the community platform. This will also be the place where, from time to time, we will do some fun things.

Recent Discussions

• New to QlikView

calculate No fo Months in Year

Hi,I want to calculate number of months  yearwise based on calendar tableI am doing count(yearmonth) to calculate number of months... Show More

Hi,

I want to calculate number of months  yearwise based on calendar table
    I am doing count(yearmonth) to calculate number of months , yearmonth is column in calendar table

when i am adding other dimension in my chart it is giving wrong value 3 instead of 5 for current year 2019 

Show Less
  • New to Qlik Sense

15 minutes interval as dimension

Hi,I used Hour(CreateDate) as dimension of the line chart, and everything is ok with the trend lines. Now, there is a requirement to show the chart ba... Show More

Hi,

I used Hour(CreateDate) as dimension of the line chart, and everything is ok with the trend lines. Now, there is a requirement to show the chart based on the 15 minutes interval. Is it possible?

Show Less
  • New to QlikView

Google Map does not work after selecting the map or clicking on the map

Hi,My application loads perfectly with the map as in Initial Load attachment.But when I try to select to map or click on the bubble , I get error as i... Show More

Hi,

My application loads perfectly with the map as in Initial Load attachment.

But when I try to select to map or click on the bubble , I get error as in the error attachment.

I have tried the Dynamic image stuff, it gives nice map but again when the map is select it does not work.

If I select the town name from the  filters , it seems to work .

I am new to qlikview and tried to use the references available but the problem still persists. I don't know what happens when I click . I took the URL generated after clicking and it worked fine in the web browser.

Things I have tried:

- Used Dynamic image

- Change Setting.ini file

- Compared the code for the map with online references.

Any pointer/help would help me

Show Less
  • New to Qlik Sense

Incorrect model generating lots of duplicates - Spot the error

Hi,I'm trying to create my model using script but cant seem to be getting something wrong as my table visual is showing lots of records that dont tech... Show More

Hi,

I'm trying to create my model using script but cant seem to be getting something wrong as my table visual is showing lots of records that dont technically exist.

My data connection runs in a for loop and makes multiple API calls to get fixture data.
    When the API is called once it works fine. when called from within the loop however, the data model seems to get a few extra tables and my data seems to be mapping incorrectly.

image.png

LIB CONNECT TO 'Matches for Leagues';

Let j=0;

for j = 0 to 5

Let vElementID = peek('league_id', $(j), 'leagues');

RestConnectorMasterTable:
    SQL SELECT 
    	"__KEY_api",
    	(SELECT 
    		"fixture_id",
    		"league_id",
    		"event_date",
    		"event_timestamp",
    		"firstHalfStart",
    		"secondHalfStart",
    		"round",
    		"status",
    		"statusShort",
    		"elapsed",
    		"venue",
    		"referee",
    		"goalsHomeTeam",
    		"goalsAwayTeam",
    		"__KEY_fixtures",
    		"__FK_fixtures",
    		(SELECT 
    			"team_id",
    			"team_name",
    			"logo",
    			"__FK_homeTeam"
    		FROM "homeTeam" FK "__FK_homeTeam"),
    		(SELECT 
    			"team_id" AS "team_id_u0",
    			"team_name" AS "team_name_u0",
    			"logo" AS "logo_u0",
    			"__FK_awayTeam"
    		FROM "awayTeam" FK "__FK_awayTeam"),
    		(SELECT 
    			"halftime",
    			"fulltime",
    			"extratime",
    			"penalty",
    			"__FK_score"
    		FROM "score" FK "__FK_score")
    	FROM "fixtures" PK "__KEY_fixtures" FK "__FK_fixtures")
    FROM JSON (wrap off) "api" PK "__KEY_api"
    WITH CONNECTION(
    Url "<a href="<a href="https://api-football-v1.p.rapidapi.com/v2/fixtures/league/$(vElementID" target="_blank">https://api-football-v1.p.rapidapi.com/v2/fixtures/league/$(vElementID</a>" target="_blank"><a href="https://api-football-v1.p.rapidapi.com/v2/fixtures/league/$(vElementID</a" target="_blank">https://api-football-v1.p.rapidapi.com/v2/fixtures/league/$(vElementID</a</a>>)"
    );

[fixtures]:
    LOAD	[fixture_id],
    	[league_id],
    	[event_date],
    	[event_timestamp],
    	[firstHalfStart],
    	[secondHalfStart],
    	[round],
    	[status],
    	[statusShort],
    	[elapsed],
    	[venue],
    	[referee],
    	[goalsHomeTeam],
    	[goalsAwayTeam],
    	[__KEY_fixtures]
    RESIDENT RestConnectorMasterTable
    WHERE NOT IsNull([__FK_fixtures]);

[homeTeam]:
    Inner Join(fixtures)
    LOAD	[team_id] as [hometeam_id],
    	[team_name] as [hometeam_name],	
    	[__FK_homeTeam] AS [__KEY_fixtures]
    WHERE NOT IsNull([__FK_homeTeam]);

[awayTeam]:
    Inner Join(fixtures)
    LOAD	[team_id_u0] as [awayteam_id],
    	[team_name_u0] as [awayteam_name],	
    	[__FK_awayTeam] AS [__KEY_fixtures]
    WHERE NOT IsNull([__FK_awayTeam]);

[score]:
    Inner Join(fixtures)
    LOAD	[halftime],
    	[fulltime],
    	[extratime],
    	[penalty],
    	[__FK_score] AS [__KEY_fixtures]
    WHERE NOT IsNull([__FK_score]);

NEXT j;

DROP TABLE RestConnectorMasterTable;

exit Script;

The issue thats happening is that all home teams are showing against all away teams when put into a table visual so it's obvious there is some kind of model issue. in the screenshot below its going Ajaccio as having played many game (that didnt happen) lots of them on the same day/time.

image.png

Is anyone able to spot my mapping error. I've tried several changes but all have the same result.

Thanks.

Show Less
  • New to QlikView

Variance in Pivot Chart

Hi,I want to calculate variance as shown below in pivot chart 20182019VarianceBusiness Segment   Textile400300-100Food25030050Insu... Show More

Hi,

I want to calculate variance as shown below in pivot chart

20182019Variance
    Business Segment   
    Textile400300-100
    Food25030050
    Insurance22018040

Show Less
  • Qlik Sense App Development

How to get next column value with after() function in Qlik Sense

Hi,I am using same dataset. I have tried these expressions Sum(DEGER) and After(Sum(DEGER)) in qlikview. It works perfectly.I want to see first w... Show More

Hi,

I am using same dataset. I have tried these expressions Sum(DEGER) and After(Sum(DEGER)) in qlikview. It works perfectly.

I want to see first week value next to second week value to calc change rate. Please check CATEGORY 1.

image.png

When I try that in Qlik Sense It doesn't work perfectly. Is that bug in Qlik Sense? Does anybody know how to solve?

image.png

Thanks,

Show Less

Pivot table calculation not totaling correctly

Good day Community,Hoping can assist me on this. Sample file attached as well. Loading info from SQL tables. Desire to sum up quantity of barrels... Show More

Good day Community,

Hoping can assist me on this. Sample file attached as well. 

Loading info from SQL tables. Desire to sum up quantity of barrels by region, service type, customer, well and then calculate revenue generated from this. Cost table with Region, customer, service type and chemical along with sales price for that. 

Also desire to calculate chemical cost same way. My issue is with joining of tables I get duplicated barrels quantity so it sums up incorrectly for revenue. If I separate which currently have then not able to get the chemical cost to total up correctly with pivot. 

May be way off on load or calculations.

May need to provide more info. Please let me know if do. 

Show Less
  • New to Qlik Sense

Getting data from a REST endpoint using a loop

Hi,I'm having trouble getting data from a rest endpoints using a loop.What I'm doing is calling an endpoint which returns a list of football leagues:O... Show More

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting data from a rest endpoints using a loop.
    What I'm doing is calling an endpoint which returns a list of football leagues:
    image.png

Once it has this data, what im trying to do is loop through each item in the list, and for each one, query a different endpoint using the league_id. So using the table above, i would expect it to call the endpoints 20 times which would get all of the matches for each of the leagues.
    The endpoints has some headers that need to be added to the call but the only "dynamic" part of the request is a query param. eg:

https://api-football-v1.p.rapidapi.com/v2/fixtures/league/<league_id_from_table>

EG:
    https://api-football-v1.p.rapidapi.com/v2/fixtures/league/5

Is anyone able to assist or provide an example of looping through a table and making a rest call with headers?

Thanks 

Show Less
  • QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Combine two pivot tables / Combina dos tablas pivotantes

I have two pivot tables with the same rows... I want to show both in only one pivot table... basically put the results of the blue box in a column on ... Show More

I have two pivot tables with the same rows... I want to show both in only one pivot table... basically put the results of the blue box in a column on the second table (green box). Can you help me?

Tengo dos tablas con las mismas filas... Quiero mostrar ambas en solo una tabla pivotante... básicamente poner los resultados de la caja azul en una columna en la segunda tabla (caja verde). ¿Puedes ayudarme?

A.png

Show Less

Variable creation for past period

Hi,I have a Bar graph where I have to show historical data for this I was planning to create 2 variables which show past period start date and end dat... Show More

Hi,

I have a Bar graph where I have to show historical data for this I was planning to create 2 variables which show past period start date and end date. 

I have a date range from which the user can pick a start and end date to see the result. Below is the screenshot of my requirement.  

Capture.JPG

for current trend line chart I am using below mentioned formula

num(Sum({$<[Posting Date]={">=$(=vCYStartDate)<=$(=vCYEndDate)"} >} Revenue),'####.##')

Same formulas I am planning to use for historic trend but This 2 varialbes wont work.

CYStartDate - hard coded - 01/04/2018

CY end date - 31/12/2020

Request you to please help me with the formulas for past period variables.

I am trying with below but isnt working

VPyend date =date(addyears(max([Posting Date]), -1), 'DD/MM/YYYY')

when I try calling this variable in text and object but its not working.

vPYstart date - =date(MakeDate( subfield(vPYEndDate,'/',3),subfield(vCYStartDate,'/',2)),'DD/MM/YYYY')

Request you to please suggest...

Show Less

Blogs

Qlik Community Blogs

Check out our community blogs to stay current on the latest and greatest information about Qlik products.

7 Blogs

Groups

Join a Group

Join one of our Qlik Community groups related to an Industry, Location, Language, or Topic.

28 Groups

Events

Events & Meetups

Participate in an upcoming Qlik related event, webinar, or local meetup.