cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1,565 online
Announcements
QlikWorld starts MONDAY! last chance to register is now ! REGISTER NOW

Data Analytics

Forums for Qlik Data Analytics solutions. Ask questions, join discussions, find solutions, and access documentation and resources.

Data Integration

Forums for Qlik Data Integration solutions. Ask questions, join discussions, find solutions, and access documentation and resources

QlikWorld

This year’s go-to data event is full of inspiring speakers, informative sessions, ideas for up-leveling your data integration and analytics.

Groups

Join a Group that is right for you and get more out of your collaborations. Some groups are closed. Closed Groups require approval to view and participate.

Qlik Gallery

Share your best Qlik apps and discuss impacts with peers! Show your work and get recognized for innovative uses of Qlik technologies.

Ideation

Participate in Qlik Technical Previews, submit ideas, and review documentation.

Qlik Resources

Direct links to other resources within the Qlik ecosystem. We suggest you bookmark this page.

Events

Learn about upcoming Qlik related events, webinars and local meetups.

Blogs

Hear directly from Qlik employees in our ten unique blogs.

About

Get started, find How-To documents, and join general non-product related discussions.

Community Sitemap

Here you will find a list of all the Qlik Community forums.

Recent Discussions

• No Boards Found
  • forum

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Page Option not filtering objects in PPT Qlik Nprinting

Dear, I am creating a nprinting ppt report base on a qlikview document. I've included page <Site_Cockpit> options in PPT  Qlik Nprinting, it returns d... Show More

Dear, 

I am creating a nprinting ppt report base on a qlikview document. I've included page <Site_Cockpit> options in PPT  Qlik Nprinting, it returns different sites in the PPT output slide but the slides are not filtered.  For my different tests, I have the following cases.

• The output slide for each site shows the total results for both objects. ( Filters on site not applied).
    • Or sometimes, for each output slide by site, the top graph is filtered but the below graph does not filter.
    • Or sometimes, the below graph is filtered but the top graph is not filtered.

The filters do work on the report itself. so I wonder what I am doing wrong for this not to work as expected.

Thank you.

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Sense

sum according to dimension value

Hello ,I am new to Qlik and Qlik sense ,  I am stucking in sum the value based on another value in the dimension(category)hope someone could help me o... Show More

Hello ,

I am new to Qlik and Qlik sense ,  I am stucking in sum the value based on another value in the dimension(category)

hope someone could help me out here. thanks!

I have a table on the left , and I want to sum the value where year_week = snapshot_week per snapshot,

which means I would like to get on snapshot_week 202112 = 100 ,  snapshot 202113 =101, snapshot 202114 = 200.

and also sum value where year_week < snapshot_week per snapshot.

meaning Snapshot 202112 = 200 ,  snapshot 202113 =303, snapshot 202114 = 800.

and I used   sum({<year_week={"<(=Min(Snapshot_week))"}>}Sales) , it does not work.

what is the difference when I put a $(=Min(Snapshot_week) ?

Captain_Jack_0-1620421280927.png

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Sense

Need asistance : data modeling

Hi there,I have a dataset like below coming from file : FACILITY = facility_nameD1: I need to generate unique key by joinng D1 with D2 which is the ex... Show More

Hi there,

I have a dataset like below coming from file :

FACILITY = facility_name

D1:

D1.PNG

I need to generate unique key by joinng D1 with D2 which is the extract from view:

D2:

D2.PNG

My requirement is my script:

I have to generate the field

Load

"facility_identifier" & '-' & "VISIT_ID" as Uniquekey,
    Resident [table];

So, I did something like below script :

[Care]:
    LOAD
    FACILITY,
    If(FACILITY like '*Hospital1*', 'Hospital1',
    If(FACILITY like '*Hospital2*', 'Hospital2',
    If(FACILITY like '*Hospital3*', 'Hospital3','FACILITY')))))) as facility_name,

VISIT_ID
    FROM [lib://AttachedFiles/Data.xlsx]
    ;

Unqualify *;

left join ([Amber Care])
    LOAD "facility_identifier" ,
    facility_name
    SQL SELECT *
    FROM "view";

Unqualify *;

[Amber Care Final]:
    Load "facility_identifier" & '-' & "VISIT_ID" as VISITID,
    Resident [Amber Care];

Drop Table [Amber Care];

But getting more records after execution.

Regards

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Restrict data on all selections except one field selection

Hi All, Below is my expression :  I want to restrict this value on month field selections but should work on YEAR selection. I tried restricting using... Show More

Hi All,

Below is my expression :  I want to restrict this value on month field selections but should work on YEAR selection. I tried restricting using MONTH= but it is not working

(((sum({<ProjectFlag={'Y'},EXPENDITURE_FLAG={'Y'},PROJECT_START_MONTH={"<=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALDATE)),1))>=$(=yearstart(monthstart(max(CALDATE))))"},MONTH=>}[ACTUAL COST])//,month([EXPENDITURE DATE]))
    /
    sum({<ProjectFlag={'Y'},EXPENDITURE_FLAG={'Y'},baseline_flag={'Y'},PROJECT_START_MONTH={"<=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALDATE)),1))>=$(=yearstart(monthstart(max(CALDATE))))"},MONTH=>}[BUDGETED AMOUNT]))
    sum({< ProjectFlag={'Y'},EXPENDITURE_FLAG={'Y'},PROJECT_START_MONTH={"<=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALDATE)),1))>=$(=yearstart(monthstart(max(CALDATE))))"},MONTH=>}[CONTRACTUAL AMOUNT]))
    -
    (sum({<ProjectFlag={'Y'},EXPENDITURE_FLAG={'Y'},PROJECT_START_MONTH={"<=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALDATE)),1))>=$(=yearstart(monthstart(max(CALDATE))))"},MONTH=>}[ACTUAL COST])))
    /
    ((sum({<ProjectFlag={'Y'},EXPENDITURE_FLAG={'Y'},PROJECT_START_MONTH={"<=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALDATE)),1))>=$(=yearstart(monthstart(max(CALDATE))))"},MONTH=>}[ACTUAL COST])//,month([EXPENDITURE DATE]))
    /
    sum({<ProjectFlag={'Y'},EXPENDITURE_FLAG={'Y'},baseline_flag={'Y'},PROJECT_START_MONTH={"<=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALDATE)),1))>=$(=yearstart(monthstart(max(CALDATE))))"},MONTH=>}[BUDGETED AMOUNT]))
    sum({< ProjectFlag={'Y'},EXPENDITURE_FLAG={'Y'},PROJECT_START_MONTH={"<=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALDATE)),1))>=$(=yearstart(monthstart(max(CALDATE))))"},MONTH=>}[CONTRACTUAL AMOUNT]))

Please help.

Thank you.

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Limit for qSelections

I am using the Qlik API to grab the current selection in a field. There seems to be an "unofficial" limit of around 50 without showing "xx of xxx" in ... Show More

I am using the Qlik API to grab the current selection in a field. There seems to be an "unofficial" limit of around 50 without showing "xx of xxx" in qSelected. Would appreciate it if anyone could confirm or provide a workaround. See screenshot below.

timsworldroamer_0-1620412480010.png

This is despite me having this in settings.ini:

timsworldroamer_1-1620412617316.png

Thanks in advance!

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Sense

Creating a line chart that auto-generates missing values on the X-Axis

I have a request form our client to allow users to create line charts that will have year as the X-Axis and show the year values with proportional spa... Show More

I have a request form our client to allow users to create line charts that will have year as the X-Axis and show the year values with proportional spacing that will accommodate missing year values.  For instance, if the user selects years of 2005 - 2010 plus  2017, and 2018, then the chart would show these years. with the correct spacing between the data points.  So between 2010 and 2017 data points, there would be space that is proportional to the missing years.  Excel will autogenerate the missing years when you create this type of line chart.  Can anyone tell me if this is possible with Qlik Sense? 

Thanks

Brian 

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Sense

ongoing month

Hello expertsI need your help. I need the current month and the ongoing month of a selected year. Example: Today is 05/08/2021Current formula only giv... Show More

Hello experts

I need your help. I need the current month and the ongoing month of a selected year. Example: Today is 05/08/2021

Current formula only gives May. I need May until December of 2021:

Month(today([Delivery Date] + [Days]))

Any ideas?

Many thanks

tom

Show Less
  • forum

QlikView App Dev

Qlikview Server and Restful API Conenctor

Hello together,we still have installed the Qlikview Server Version 12.10.20200 in our company.Recently i downloaded the newest availabe Qlikview Deskt... Show More

Hello together,

we still have installed the Qlikview Server Version 12.10.20200 in our company.

Recently i downloaded the newest availabe Qlikview Desktop application and tried out the latest Rest API Connector.

I managed to load data into the qlikview application with manually reloading the skript.

But when it try to update the application automatically with the the qlikview server management console , it alwas runs into an error. If i open the application and reload skript manually it works fine.

Do i have to update our server to use the rest api connection with it?

Or is it not possible to get data from API with the management console?

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Lose master visualizations when duplicating App

I am trying to duplicate an App I've created, but have run into several issues when doing so.1. It seems that in the duplicate App,  only sheets that ... Show More

I am trying to duplicate an App I've created, but have run into several issues when doing so.

1. It seems that in the duplicate App,  only sheets that are published and approved get copied. An inconvenience, but workable.

2. Master Visualizations appear to not carry over to the Duplicated App. This is a show stopper- I have created several master visualizations, and then use them in custom objects. Once I open the duplicated App, they are all gone.  

Looking for guidance or insight.

Show Less
  • forum

Community Corner

Round of Applause - May 2021, Gysbert Wassenaar

Happy May everyone! Believe it or not, this month is our 12th edition of Round of Applause! Even though it’s a cool name, we wanted an even cooler nam... Show More

gysbert.pngHappy May everyone! Believe it or not, this month is our 12th edition of Round of Applause! Even though it’s a cool name, we wanted an even cooler name for our featured members so from here on in we are going with High Five! This Community member has over 20K posts, received more than 8k likes, answered over 4K questions, and is a well-known leader in the Qlik Community. Today’s High Five goes to no other than Community MVP, Gysbert Wassenaar.

Gysbert joined the Qlik Community in September 2012. He had been visiting for a while, looking for answers to Qlik challenges he encountered in his job. He was already impressed by the quality of the answers he saw and by Community members who gave great solutions and advice. Gysbert was also impressed that Qlik employees participated actively. The day he decided to join the Community was when he saw a question from a community member and thought: "Hey, I think I know the answer to that." It was then he started participating, and he became hooked! Gysbert said he’s never learned so much so quickly about a product. Every question posted was another opportunity to expand his knowledge and Qlik skills.  Three months later, he was a Top 5 contributor. He recalls passing Stefan Wühl as top contributor about a year after he joined. The feedback from other community members, and especially from Qlik Community legends like Deepak Vadithala,  Stefan WühlJohn WitherspoonMiguel Angel BaeyensHenric Cronström,  Rob WunderlichMarcus Sommer and so many more, was awesome and a big motivating factor to keep coming back to the Qlik Community.

In his personal life, Gysbert is very fortunate to be living in a small beautiful medieval city in the Netherlands. He likes reading, taking walks in the countryside, learning about new technologies, and learning new tricks he can apply in his job.

Let’s give a big “High Five” to Gysbert with a like and a comment to show how much we appreciate his collaboration in the Qlik Community. @Gysbert_Wassenaar @Melissa_Potvin @marcus_sommer @rwunderlich @Henric_Cronström@Miguel_Angel_Baeyens @swuehl @johnw @IAMDV 

Show Less

Get Started On Community

Start Here Get Started On Community

Top Participants

Blogs

Qlik Community Manager Blog

Hear from the Qlik Community team about the latest platform enhancements and other topics.

Blogs

Support Updates Blog

Important and useful support information about end-of-product support, new service releases, and general support topics.

Blogs

Blogs

Hear directly from Qlik employees and stay current on the latest and greatest information about Qlik products.

Groups

Covid 19

We are bringing together people and resources in response to the pandemic of Coronavirus, aka COVID-19, aka SARS-CoV-2.

open to all

Groups

QlikView to Qlik Sense

Join the QlikView to Qlik Sense group and help you modernize your BI experience through adoption of Qlik Sense.

open to all

Groups

Qlik Healthcare

This group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights.

750+ Members

Events

Register for QlikWorld Today

Join QlikWorld to hear from Qlik CEO, Mike Capone on activating your data for impact. You’ll also have access over 100 breakout sessions covering data integration and analytics, tips for getting the most out of your data, and a view into what the next generation of BI holds.

May 10-12, 2021

Events

Events & Meetups

Virtual Meetups are now a possibility! With the impact of COVID-19, the Qlik Meetup network has expanded its support to include the ability to host your next Meetup online. Email QlikMeetups@qlik.com to get your virtual Meetup started!’

Events

Direct Relief Uses Qlik to Manage Its COVID-19 Supply Chain

Qlik can help you manage your supply chain risks during COVID‑19.The nonprofit organization, Direct Relief, uses Qlik’s Supply Chain solution to scale its delivery of medical supplies worldwide.

Available on Demand