Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • 181,862 members
  • 11,548 online
  • 1,735,116 posts
  • 132,768 Solutions
Announcements
An issue has been identified on Qlik Cloud hub, please visit our Status Update Page for details: GET THE LATEST

Welcome to Qlik Community

FOR NEW MEMBERS

Everything you need to make your Qlik Community experience valuable.

SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE

Explore official Support and member created content.

QLIKWORLD 2023!

A live, in-person thrill-ride - full of insights, learning, and peer-to-peer connections.

Analytics

Forums for Qlik Analytic solutions. Ask questions, join discussions, find solutions, and access documentation and resources.

Data Integration

Forums for Qlik Data Integration solutions. Ask questions, join discussions, find solutions, and access documentation and resources

Qlik Gallery

Share your best Qlik apps and discuss impacts with peers! Show your work and get recognized for innovative uses of Qlik technologies.

Ideation

Participate in Qlik Technical Previews, submit ideas, and review documentation.

Support

Chat with us, search Knowledge, open a Case, read the latest Updates Blog, find Release Notes, and learn about our Programs.

Events

Learn about upcoming Qlik related events, webinars and local meetups.

Groups

Join a Group that is right for you and get more out of your collaborations. Some groups are closed. Closed Groups require approval to view and participate.

About Qlik Community

Get started on Qlik Community, find How-To documents, and join general non-product related discussions.

Blogs

Hear directly from Qlik employees in our ten unique blogs.

Qlik Resources

Direct links to other resources within the Qlik ecosystem. We suggest you bookmark this page.

Qlik Academic Program

Qlik gives qualified university students, educators, and researchers free Qlik software and resources to prepare students for the data-driven workplace.

Community Sitemap

Here you will find a list of all the Qlik Community forums.

Recent Discussions

• forum

QlikView Administration

Lost Dashboard please help

Hi, I’m new to Qliksense and spent a long time updating a new dashboard for work. I have to update it on a weekly basis with the new data and today it... Show More

Hi, I’m new to Qliksense and spent a long time updating a new dashboard for work. I have to update it on a weekly basis with the new data and today it was updated correctly by our reporting team and has been previously for a few weeks now. But an hour later in the day today my dashboard was gone and replaced by the previous persons dashboard in my published area, so all my work had gone.

We were told there was a bug and it was my fault for not taking a copy. As this was in my work/published space before being published I wasn’t aware we had to as I’m new to this. 

is there a way of getting back the new dashboard , which was working perfectly fine before? Is this backed up anywhere on a weekly/daily basis?

I just don’t believe the new dashboard has just disappeared, how is this even possible when it was all fine before. 

There shouldn’t be these bugs on something so important surely within a big business? Any help would be appreciated so I can pass it on to my reporting team to try and retrieve the correct new dashboard that I worked hard one.

thank you 

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Sense

2 fields into 1 with unique values that is connected

hello guys, I have a big question, is it possible to put 2 fields that have some values that are the same, into 1 field where you appears unique value... Show More

hello guys,

I have a big question, is it possible to put 2 fields that have some values that are the same, into 1 field where you appears unique values AND if you use the new field for a filter for example then it is connected with the other 2 fields? So i can create a filter will all values available in those 2 fields in order to make it easier for the user? Or make a new dimension but with this new field with all unique values inside? 

for example:

seller_kam , buyer_kame

john,mike

elizabeth,sam

michel,igor

New field:

john

mike

elizabeth

sam

michel

igor

what you guys think?

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Sense

Show Highest and Lowest Sales and Day in KPI

I have Dates and Sales Columns in my data. I need to show what day/date from previous week had highest sales and lowest sales and put these numbers in... Show More

I have Dates and Sales Columns in my data. I need to show what day/date from previous week had highest sales and lowest sales and put these numbers in a text box (KPI). If anyone could help me with this, I highly appreciate your help.

Show Less
  • forum

Healthcare

Visualizing Paths and Flow with Sankey Diagrams

Sankey diagrams are a specific type of flow diagram, in which the width of the paths represent some quantity. These multidimensional visualizations he... Show More

Sankey diagrams are a specific type of flow diagram, in which the width of the paths represent some quantity. These multidimensional visualizations help you to see flow and discover category relationships with a different perspective. If you were to ask me what my favorite visualization was, I'd most likely say: "The Sankey!"

Sankey diagrams show metric flows and category relationships. You can use a Sankey diagram to visualize relationship density and trends.

2017-12-01 10_55_06-Population Health - Readmission Flows _ Sheets - Qlik Sense.png

Use Cases for the Sankey Diagram

Use a Sankey diagram to visualize activity patterns such as:

• Flow: Patient admission and visit flow through your health system - where are patients coming from and where do they have encounters without our facilities and offices?
    • Flow: Patient web activity on your patient portal - where are patients looking for information and where do they end up?
    • Flow: Longitudinal risk scores for multiple visits - how do risk scores change with subsequent visits?
    • Flow: ServiceNow ticket handoffs and SLA compliance (showcased by Nationwide Children's in Nov 2017) - which requests or departments pass tickets back and forth perhaps too much?
    • Flow and Relationships: Care Pathways showing outcomes metric by various treatments or protocols - do patients receiving X have better outcomes than patients on Y?
    • Relationships: readmissions by a variety of dimensions like county, hospital, condition, complexity, comorbidities, outcomes
    • Relationships: Adherence by a variety of demographic and SDoH dimensions like sex, age, race, ethnicity, smoking status, language, support network, community, etc.
    • What else have you seen or envision to be useful with a sankey? Please leave a comment here.

Data Requirements

To build a Sankey diagram, you need to have data that includes source and target categories (dimensions) and a metric that you are tracking between them. Luckily, with the Sankey diagrams, these can be completely different types of dimensions and hierarchies, or they can be source and (multiple) target(s) to visualize paths.

Think about it like this: you have one metric/measure of interest (like volume) and multiple dimensions to look at. In contrast to a scatter plot where you have one dimension and multiple metrics/measures.

How to Build/Download a Sankey Diagram

Qlik Sense

QlikView

Examples

2017-12-01 10_56_45-Camtasia 9.png

animation.gif

2017-12-01 10_44_23-SenseColorableSankey_sankeyphoto.png at master · jonvitale_SenseColorableSankey.png

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Segmentation

Customer has multiple transaction date.  Have to  create bar chart  for segmenting the customers by number of orders  eg Total 150 customer have 100-2... Show More

Customer has multiple transaction date.  Have to  create bar chart  for segmenting the customers by number of orders 

eg Total 150 customer have 100-200 orders

100-200orders in x-axis

150 count of customer in y-axis

how we need to calculate distribution from date and use as dimension?

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Sense

Label in the Tree map

Hi  I am working on a tree map in Qlik cloud.  Can I format the labels of tree map? Can i place the labels outside the boxes of tree map, either to le... Show More

Hi 

I am working on a tree map in Qlik cloud. 

Can I format the labels of tree map?

Can i place the labels outside the boxes of tree map, either to left or right?

Thanks

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Sense

Legends for map

Hi I am working on map in Qlik. I created a formula to color each polygon with a criteria organisation advised. I did that in color by expression. Iss... Show More

Hi

I am working on map in Qlik. I created a formula to color each polygon with a criteria organisation advised. I did that in color by expression.

Issue I have is that after coloring the polygons manually, my legend went away. 

How should I get the legend back as I need to place a legend next to map for the stakeholders to understand the map?

Thanks

Show Less
  • forum

QlikView App Dev

Show Highest and Lowest Sales and Day in text box

I have Dates and Sales Columns in my data. I need to show what day/date from previous week had highest sales and lowest sales, and how much, and put ... Show More

I have Dates and Sales Columns in my data.

I need to show what day/date from previous week had highest sales and lowest sales, and how much, and put these numbers in a text box . If anyone could help me with this, I highly appreciate your help.

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

set analysis not working when multiple values selected

hi all, my set analysis is working properly when one value is selected, but it does not work on the whole selection. to determine timetable_id i am ... Show More

hi all,

my set analysis is working properly when one value is selected, but it does not work on the whole selection.

Simon4_0-1675179144727.png

Simon4_1-1675179156236.png

to determine timetable_id i am using:

ONLY({1<STARTDATE = {'$(=$(vStartdate))'}>}timetable_id)

where vStartdate = max(if(STARTDATE<(vPeildatum)+1,STARTDATE))

this is my data load:

LOAD
    "PK_R_EMPLOYEE" as Employee_id,
    CODE as Employee_code;

SQL SELECT
    "PK_R_EMPLOYEE",
    CODE
    FROM ".dbo."V_R_EMPLOYEE";

tbl_timetable:
    LOAD "FK_EMPLOYEE" as Employee_id,
    "FK_TIMETABLE" as timetable_id,
    date(STARTDATE) as STARTDATE;
    SQL SELECT "FK_EMPLOYEE",
    "FK_TIMETABLE",
    STARTDATE
    FROM "V_R_TIMETABLEOFFSET";

left join tbl_timetable:
    LOAD "FK_TIMETABLE" as timetable_id,
    "FK_WORKDAY" AS WORKDAY_ID,
    SEQUENCENR,
    "PK_R_TIMETABLEWORKDAY";
    SQL SELECT "FK_TIMETABLE",
    "FK_WORKDAY",
    SEQUENCENR,
    "PK_R_TIMETABLEWORKDAY"
    FROM "V_R_TIMETABLEWORKDAY";

left join tbl_timetable:
    LOAD CODE,
    DESCRIPTION,
    (DEFAULTHOURS/10000000)/(60*60) AS DEFAULTHOURS,
    "PK_R_WORKDAY" AS WORKDAY_ID;
    SQL SELECT CODE,
    DESCRIPTION,
    DEFAULTHOURS,
    "PK_R_WORKDAY"
    FROM "V_R_WORKDAY";

how can i fix this?

kind regards,

Simon de Vrieze

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Sense

only max date

Hi all, I have this table: I only want to show the max startdate, in this case 11/3/2022 and the corresponding timetable_id. how do i achieve this? f... Show More

Hi all,

I have this table:

Simon4_0-1675197310983.png

I only want to show the max startdate, in this case 11/3/2022 and the corresponding timetable_id. how do i achieve this? f.y.i. I have multiple employee_code

Show Less

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!

Blogs

Qlik Academic Program Blog

Read the latest blog around the Qlik Academic Program.

Blogs

Qlik Product Innovation Blog

If you want to know what's new across all of the products in our growing Qlik product portfolio.

Blogs

Support Updates Blog

Get the latest Support information about end-of-product support, new service releases, and general support topics.

Blogs

Qlik Design Blog

Read all about Qlik solutions: scripting, data modeling, visual design, extensions, best practices and more.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Events and Webinars

QlikWorld 2023!

Get ready for QlikWorld: The Conference for Data Thrill-Seekers. From exciting innovations to spine-tingling keynote presentations and lots of peer networking, you'll discover how you and your data can help your business succeed.

Find your city

Events and Webinars

Qlik and Qlik Community Hosted Events

Subscribe to our Events and Webinar page so you do not miss an event opportunity!

choose and register

Event

Welcome to Qlik

Join the "Welcome to Qlik" webinar and learn about the Qlik Ecosystem, such as Qlik Community, Learning, and Help.

On-Demand

Events

Upcoming Events and Webinars

There is more than one way to find upcoming events, look on the right side of any Qlik Community forum!

Upcoming

Events and Webinars

Qlik and Qlik Community Hosted Events

Subscribe to our Events and Webinar page so you do not miss an event opportunity!

choose and register

Event

Welcome to Qlik

Join the "Welcome to Qlik" webinar and learn about the Qlik Ecosystem, such as Qlik Community, Learning, and Help.

On-Demand

Events

Upcoming Events and Webinars

There is more than one way to find upcoming events, look on the right side of any Qlik Community forum!

Upcoming