QlikCommunity is a great resource for posting questions, finding answers and collaborating with QlikView Experts. The recently upgraded platform includes more effective tools for adding and managing your friends, following their activities and sending them private messages. Here are the steps for Adding Friends, Receiving a Friend Request, Messaging and Removing Friends in QlikCommunity.
Add a Friend
A great way to get started or form collaborative partnerships in QlikCommunity is to follow top contributors, bloggers and people whose content you find interesting.
Click on that person’s name or avatar image on any QlikCommunity page to go to their Profile.
On their Profile page you can see several tabs with information about them.
- Bio- profile image, details, points, expertise and personal biography.
- Activity- displays feeds of their activities in areas which are public or where you are also a member with most recent at the top.
- Content- allows you to view and sort through their content by type (document, blog post, discussion, idea etc).
- Places- view the forums and groups where your friend is a member and/or active.
- Bookmarks- view their bookmarks if they are set to public.
- Reputation- view their badges, points and accomplished missions.
Click on the ‘Add as Friend’ button on the upper right hand corner.
The button will change to ‘Awaiting Approval’ so that person can confirm if they want to add you as a friend.
Once they approve you as a friend you will receive a confirmation email and the Awaiting Approval button will change to ‘Following in 1 stream’
Adding a friend allows you:
- Follow their activity feeds
- Send personal messages
- Share additional profile details
Receiving a Friend Request
You will receive an email notification when someone sends you a friend request. Click on the email or go to your Inbox and Activities to Reject, Accept or Ignore their request.
Send a Message
Once you are friends in QlikCommunity you can send them a private message.
On their profile page click on the ‘Send a Message’ link just below their picture.
A message window will appear where you can additional recipients, add text, insert an image and @mention someone or a piece of content.
Removing a Friend
Occasionally you have accepted a friend request from someone who you don’t want to continue following, sharing information with or sending private messages to.
To remove a friend go to your Profile page, Friends Tab.
Locate the person you want to remove and click on the gear icon on the lower right hand side of their profile area and you can click on the ‘Remove as friend’ link.
If you receive spam messages from any other members or something you consider to be inappropriate be sure to forward the communication to me firstname.lastname@example.org so I can research the member and take any appropriate action. We hope you find these and other new functionalities useful.