Today sees the latest release of Qlik Web Connectors 2.1.0, which is now available on the Qlik.com download page.
The initial releases of Qlik Web Connectors didn't include the beta connectors that were once available in QVSource and so I'm please to announce that most of them are now back in this new version!
Beta connectors included are:
- Qlik Adobe Analytics (Ominture) Connector
- Qlik Amazon S3 Connector
- Qlik Azure Data Marketplace Connector
- Qlik Bitly Connector
- Qlik Blue Yonder Connector
- Qlik Box Connector
- Qlik Google DoubleClick for Advertisers (DFA) Connector
- Qlik Google Prediction Connector
- Qlik Google Webmaster Tools Connector
- Qlik JIRA Connector
- Qlik Office 365 Sharepoint Connector
- Qlik OneDrive Connector
- Qlik Slack Connector
Although some of the QVSource beta connectors didn't make it this time, you may have noticed that we do now have a shiny, new beta connector for Slack!
So, along with the 17 Premium and 8 Standard connectors, there are now 38 connectors as part of the Qlik Web Connectors suite
How to Access the Beta Connectors
There is no special 'beta' version of the Qlik Web Connectors to use, you just download the new version and you'll find them in there along with the rest of the connectors.
However, there are some very important things to note:
- You MUST accept some additional beta terms in order to access them.
- There's no special license to apply, so once the terms are accepted you can use all of the beta connectors.
- In this version, the beta connectors will ALL expire on the 31st May 2017 for ALL users (just over 6 months from release date)
- There is no support and maintenance provided by Qlik for the beta connectors, instead you can seek peer assistance in the new Qlik Web Connectors' community group. So, please don't go to Qlik support for help.
- They are beta connectors. Please don't use them in production!
Why do they Expire?
We wanted to make the beta connectors as accessible to as many Qlik users as we could, but we had to strike a balance to ensure that in the future we aren't finding beta connectors being used that have been updated many times over and/or available to subscribe to.
Hence we decided to use an expiry date. To use them past this date, just download the latest version at the time.
How the Betas Expiring Impacts the Use of Other Connectors
The beta connectors' expiry date has been set to the same expiry date already used in Qlik Web Connectors that affects those using just Standard Connectors. So, if you only use Standard Connectors, you need to update anyway.
If you subscribe to any Premium Connectors, they will continue to work up until their subscribed-to expiry date and will not be affected by the beta connectors expiring. However, if you wish to continue to use the beta connectors past their expiry date, you will still need to download the latest version at the time.
Reminder for Current Users of Only Standard Connectors
As a reminder, if you are using Qlik Web Connectors 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 and only the Standard Connectors, they will expire on 31-Jan-2017, so you've just over 2 months to update! Again, this doesn't affect those using any licensed Premium Connectors.
Please see the release notes, also on the download site, for full details.
Help can be found here:
We hope you continue to enjoy using the Qlik Web Connectors and please join the new community group, where you can provide us with feedback on the product, any of the connectors, seek assistance with the beta connectors or exchange ideas and solutions with other users.
The Web Connector Team