Reports can be sent directly to FTP destinations by NPrinting. Setting this up is a two-step process. First you need to create an FTP destination and then you need to define that destination as the "output folder" for your Task.
Open FTP Window
- Click on the Tools tab in the NPrinting ribbon.
- Click on the Ftp button in the Destination group in the ribbon.
- Click on New FTP
Note: You will not be able to Remove any pre-existing FTP Destinations of any tasks until you delete them from the tasks.
Create an FTP Destination
- Enter a Name
- Enter a Description (optional)
- Enter Host IP address and Port number
- Enter a Username
- Enter a Password, if necessary
- If the destination folder of the FTP Host above is also published on the Internet through a web server, the URL can be entered here. The URL can be included in the body of an e-mail message by adding a tag, see: What elements can I add to NPrinting e-mail?
- Click on Advanced to open the advanced parameters dialog, if necessary
Set Advanced Parameters
After you have completed your advanced selections:
- Click on Verify connection to see if the connection is configured correctly
- Click on OK to save the FTP destination
Send Reports to an FTP Destination
- Click on the General tab of an Excel Report or QlikView Report Task
- Select the Custom folder radio button under Use
- Open the Type drop-down window and select Ftp destination
- Click on the browse button to the right of the Value text box
Possible Need of Intervention
You may receive a security alert from Windows Firewall. In this case, click on Allow access. Making these selections permanently resolves the issue.