- Add an entire folder to NPrinting Service Scheduled Projects
Add an entire folder to NPrinting Service Scheduled Projects
Add an entire folder to NPrinting scheduled projects. If you add a folder in the NPrinting Management Console, all the .nsq files present in that folder will be scheduled. Adding a new NPrinting Project to that folder, or modifying an existing one, causes NPrinting Service to update the current scheduled projects list. Subfolders are not managed.
- QlikView object name bug fixed
QlikView object name bug fixed
A Qlikview chart containing a period '.' in its name and present in an NPrinting template was causing an infinite loop after being removed from the source QlikView document. This bug is now fixed so that the image list is correct and can be displayed.
- QlikView application window maximized when exporting an entire sheet as image
QlikView application window maximized when exporting an entire sheet as image
The QlikView application window is now maximized before exporting a sheet in image format. This means that the sheet image size depends on the size of the screen you are using. This also means that the image size exported from NPrinting Service may be different in terms also of resolution compared to the same sheets exported via the NPrinting application. This happens because NPrinting Service uses size and resolution defined in server Session 0.
- Template editor form remains in background
Template editor form remains in background
We have resolved a problem in which the template editor form remained in background.
- On-Demand compression settings
- On-Demand Custom Object crashes resolved
- Vizubi PDF Printer installation issue fixed
- Offline de-activation
- On-Demand extension had excessive memory footprint
On-Demand compression settings
On-Demand extension now has compression set to None by default.
On-Demand Custom Object crashes resolved
We have fixed some issues which caused On-Demand Custom Object crashes. Custom Objects now saves log information in the file %appdata%/NPrinting/ODS/custom-objects.log file. Please send it to our support when reporting a crash.
Vizubi PDF Printer installation issue fixed
Occasionally, Vizubi PDF Printer was not installed or not properly registered. Now resolved.
An offline de-activation bug has been fixed, it works fine now.
On-Demand extension had excessive memory footprint
NPrinting On-Demand extension's memory footprint in documents containing large amounts of data was excessively large. We have optimized that memory usage to reduce it and execution time for all documents containing On-Demand extensions.
- License deactivation warning with grace period
- Drag and Drop multiple columns
- New Delete Row tag
- Visualize Entity Connection
- Reports embeddable in email message bodies
- QlikView object retrieval now faster
- Enable System Object display in object list
- Tables in Containers are exported even if hidden
- Export to Excel improved
- Repetitive report generation speeded up
- Recipients no longer mandatory in tasks that send mail
- QlikView is minimized during report generation
- Automatic addition when an object search has a single result
- Deactivate multiple objects with one click
- Unique SMTP connection for multiple email messages
- Bookmarks having the same name are manageable
- Faster recipient import
- Excel Chart Sheet type supported
- Templates saved in the installed Microsoft Office format
- Server installer checks .NET 4.0 installation
- Improved performance on adding entities to Excel templates
- Empty rows in reports with levels
- Service start type changed when uninstalling
- Reports or Tasks with the word “Warning” in the name generate a warining in logs
- Chinese chars replaced with “?” in log
- Chinese chars replaced with “?” in entity names
- QlikView date variables exported as numbers
- Excel found unreadable content
- HTML table format issue
- Vizubi PDF printer always visible
- Word template produces different output formats
- Fixed "Can't find a supported reporting output producer" on PowerPoint preview
- Cycles based on Linked Fields processed values from unused connections
- Error while removing disconnected entities
- On-Demand startup freeze if netsh command fails
License deactivation warning with grace period
This feature assures report distribution continuity also in case of license deactivation. We have introduced a “grace period” of at least 15 days after a license becomes deactivate. During the grace period the user will be notified in the following ways:
- NPrinting Client: running an inactive NPrinting Client causes activation window to be shown asking the user to reactivate NPrinting as follows:
'This copy of NPrinting Client must be reactivated within ## days. NPrinting will no longer work after the end of this period.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to reactivate the product.'
- NPrinting Server: a warning message will be logged each day and each time the NPrinting service starts:
'This copy of NPrinting Server must be reactivated within ## days. NPrinting will no longer work after the end of this period.
Please contact us at email@example.com in order to reactivate the product.'
In addition, if the "Send E-mail notification alerts" option is enabled in the NPrinting Server options, an email message will be sent to the "To" address every day during the grace period.
The email message is:
ProductNamemust be reactivated within
Your copy of
ProductNamemust be reactivated within
NumberOfdays. NPrinting will no longer work after the end of this period.
Please contact the NPrinting Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to reactivate the product and provide:Your license is:
The NPrinting Support Team'
UserNameis the "To" address without @domain (e.g.
- the license code to be reactivated
- the offline activation request if the license was activated offline
Drag and Drop multiple columns
Select multiple table columns, fields of a level or cells in the treeview then drag and drop them together. The result depends on the template format:
- Word: dragging and dropping multiple values will create a Microsoft Word table containing all dropped tags, a column for each tag. Dragging and dropping multiple tags into an existing Microsoft Word table will add new cells in the row
- Excel: dragging and dropping multiple values will copy all tags into a horizontal series of cells
- PowerPoint: dragging and dropping multiple values will create a Microsoft PowerPoint table containing all dropped tags, a column for each tag. Dragging and dropping multiple tags into an existing table is not supported
- HTML: dragging and dropping multiple values will create an HTML table containing all dropped tags, a column for each tag
New Delete Row tag
The template editor contains a new node called “Extras” containing a "deleterow" tag. Drag and drop the tag, or type <deleterow> in lowercase to delete the row after report generation. This is useful for deleting the last row totals in columns or levels in Excel templates.
Visualize Entity Connection
Hovering the mouse pointer on entity name in the treeview of the template editor will display the entity connection.
Reports embeddable in email message bodies
All Office reports, QlikView reports and entities that have an image output format are embeddable in the email message bodies.
The following reports are embeddable:
- Any type of QlikView object
- QlikView reports in PDF
- Excel reports in TIFF: some email clients may not be able to display TIFF formatted Excel reports in preview, e.g. Gmail no, but Outlook yes
QlikView object retrieval now faster
A cache file speeds the retrieval process for QlikView object lists. When saving a new connection or substituting the .qvw in the same connection, NPrinting asks permission to create or refresh the object list. If you reply yes, NPrinting saves the list to a file in the folder %ProgramData%\NPrinting\QlikView\Cache.
There is also a new "Refresh Object List" button in the connection window to force cache file refreshes. Do this also when you modify the connected QlikView document. Only creating or refreshing QlikView cached objects causes a delayed response. Report template development is faster than before. There is also a green, refresh button in the Select Objects window on the right of the Connection combobox.
Enable System Object display in object list
If you need to show system objects, right click on the list and choose the "Show System Objects" option.
Tables in Containers are exported even if hidden
It is now possible to export QlikView objects, such as straight or pivot tables, inserted in a container even if they are not visible.
Export to Excel improved
The process that exports a QlikView object to an Excel report has been improved and is faster.
Repetitive report generation speeded up
We have implemented an advanced caching system that optimizes memory usage during task execution. NPrinting saves loading time during execution of a task that create many copies of a report because QlikView objects are kept in memory. This shortens the report creation process.
Recipients no longer mandatory in tasks that send mail
A task with “Send email” flagged can also be saved without a recipient or with a recipient without an email address. This feature is necessary for creating QlikView documents that enable On-Demand users to select the entire distribution list of recipients from the graphic interface.
QlikView is minimized during report generation
NPrinting minimizes QlikView when running a task or preview and restores it when finished to increase performance.
Automatic addition when an object search has a single result
If the result of a search is a single record, just press Enter to use it. If you search in a list of objects:
- in the main NPrinting screen (Recipients, Reports, etc...): pressing Enter will open the entity
- when adding an entity in a template report: pressing Enter will add the entity to the treeview
Deactivate multiple objects with one click
The state of multiple entities can be changed directly from the main form. Highlight the entities, pressing Shift or Ctrl, then press the “Active” button on the ribbon bar to activate or deactivate all with a single click.
Unique SMTP connection for multiple email messages
Sending multiple email messages opens an unique connection with the SMTP server. This reduces the time spent sending multiple email messages.
If the connection is lost, NPrinting tries to reconnect up to 4 times. When reconnection occurs, the process picks up from the point at which it was interrupted and the log displays the message "Error while sending a message. Retrying to send".
Bookmarks having the same name are manageable
NPrinting manages more than one bookmark with the same name in the same QlikView document. It is best practice to use an unique name for each bookmark to be able to distinguish them.
Faster recipient import
Recipient Import process has been revised resulting in a faster execution.
Excel Chart Sheet type supported
The report template editor supports Excel chart sheet type.
Templates saved in the installed Microsoft Office format
When saving a new template, NPrinting suggests the format of the installed Microsoft Office version. So in a PC with Office 2003, the suggested format will be .xls and in a Office 2010 machine, the format will be .xlsx.
Lists displayed when performing a “Save As” also start with the standard format used by the installed Office version.
Server installer checks .NET 4.0 installation
The NPrinting Server installer checks that .NET 4.0 hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871 has been installed. If not it downloads and installs it.
Improved performance on adding entities to Excel templates
Time spent adding a new QlikView entity to an Excel report template and previewing is now very brief. We have added a caching system and improved internal processes.
Empty rows in reports with levels
When the number of rows in a level in a template was more than the final number of data rows, empty rows were not deleted. Now resolved.
Service start type changed when uninstalling
When uninstalling the service, start type was changed without any reason. Resolved.
Reports or Tasks with the word “Warning” in the name generate a warining in logs
The word “Warning” can now be used in report or task names: logs will be correct.
Chinese chars replaced with “?” in log
Logs with the chinese interface contained character substitutions such as "?", now they are correct. Log generation time remains the same.
Chinese chars replaced with “?” in entity names
When creating new entities using the chinese language, predefined names were wrongly replaced with the “?” character.
QlikView date variables exported as numbers
Due to a now resolved bug, QlikView date variables in the subject or text of email messages were exported as numbers and not as dates.
Excel found unreadable content
Opening a report based on a template with merged cells, Excel displayed an error message about unreadable content. Now resolved.
HTML table format issue
There was a table formatting bug in HTML. Now NPrinting produces clean HTML.
Vizubi PDF printer always visible
Vizubi PDF printer is always visible. This avoids some errors during report creation.
Word template produces different output formats
A Word template set to HTML output generates inconsistent output when previewed then run by NPrinting Server. Now fixed.
Fixed "Can't find a supported reporting output producer" on PowerPoint preview
When previewing a report in PowerPoint (pptx) format, the error message “Can’t find a supported reporting output producer” appeared. Now fixed.
Cycles based on Linked Fields processed values from unused connections
Due to a now resolved bug, NPrinting processed values not only from Linked Fields connections used in reports but also the unused Linked Fields connections when running a cycle.
Error while removing disconnected entities
Removing disconnected entities from the threeview in the template editor caused an error.
On-Demand startup freeze if netsh command fails
The On-Demand module froze when starting up on a Windows 2003 or XP machine without netsh tool installed. A warning message is logged.
- NPrinting Service doesn’t schedule Legacy Reports
NPrinting Service doesn’t schedule Legacy Reports
Legacy Reports were not sheduled by the service, the issue is now resolved.
NPrinting Client and Server interface now also available in Chinese
Microsoft Office 2013 template issue resolved
NPrinting Client and Server interface now also available in Chinese
We have added a Chinese language user interface to NPrinting Client and Server.
Microsoft Office 2013 template issue resolved
Microsoft Office 2013 sometimes causes NPrinting to display the message: "Cannot find a supported template editor" and it is impossible to edit templates. Installing NPrinting 22.214.171.124, or later, resolves the issue.
- Improved performance
- License activation error messages easier to understand
- Secondary windows open on top of existing windows
- Start of NPrinting Service issue resolved
Object list management is now optimized for a better user experience and faster loading.
License activation error messages easier to understand
NPrinting 14 requires two license codes: one for the Server and one for the Client. Inserting the Server license code into the Client, and vice-versa, doesn’t work. In both cases, the error message wasn’t user-friendly. Now the messages are:
- for online activation: "The activation code you typed is not valid for %product%."
- for offline activation: “The response file used is not valid for %product%. Please verify that the license code is valid for this product and has not been used before."
Secondary windows open on top of existing windows
Sometimes modal forms opened inside the template editor (for instance when adding a object, a level, a formula, etc...) went to the background. Now forms are created over the other windows.
Start of NPrinting Service issue resolved
In some cases, the NPrinting service didn’t start. The development team changed the start-up process, so the issue has been resolved.
- Check if QlikView export permission is enabled
- Recipients import from CSV now coded in UTF8
- On-Demand Service setup url ACL rules automatically at startup
- When On-Demand Service SSL is enabled, a log about SSL certificate is written
- On-Demand requests now work also with Russian “charset”
- QlikView wasn’t able to export images with Windows Server 2008 Standard Service Pack 2
- Tags were not replaced in Pages if there were no values
- Imported filters with incorrect options activated
- On-Demand Custom Objects error when downloading last report
- Resolved a recipient import issue in Outlook
Check if QlikView export permission is enabled
NPrinting now checks if the Export permission is enabled on connected QlikView documents. To access the Export permission, open the QlikView document and go to the Settings menu, select Security then click on User Privileges of Desktop application. If running a task or a report preview and NPrinting finds that object export is not allowed, the following message will be written in the log file or the message will be displayed: "Export of objects from this QlikView document is not allowed. Please check your security options in QlikView".
Recipients import from CSV now coded in UTF8
Now import recipients from text files using UTF8 coding so all supported characters can be imported. For instance, recipients’ Fullname with the German “umlaut” are now correctly imported.
On-Demand Service setup url ACL rules automatically at startup
To avoid complicated customer sysadmin activities, the On-Demand Service now tries to launch Netsh tool to automatically set the correct Windows url ACL (access control list) on startup. When On-Demand is called from a different host than localhost, a reservation of correct TCP ports must be configured through Netsh Windows tool, as reported in the documentation (see chapter “Ports reservation” in “NPrinting On-Demand: Architecture and Configuration”) This will enable the right reservation for TCP ports configured in ods.config file.
When On-Demand Service SSL is enabled, a log about SSL certificate is written
When On-Demand SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is enabled, it requires a valid SSL certificate registered to the current host. You can find instructions on how to register an SSL certificate in the section "Enable SSL" of “NPrinting On-Demand: Architecture and Configuration” Since this release, when SSL is enabled, On-Demand Service writes a hint about SSL certificate configuration in the internal.log file.
On-Demand requests now work also with Russian “charset”
We fixed an internal issue which prevented Ajax extensions from working with some report names. Now the file name is encoded in UTF8 in the HTTP download headers.
QlikView wasn’t able to export images with Windows Server 2008 Standard Service Pack 2
This problem only applied to the OS "Windows Server 2008 Standard Service Pack 2" which is part of the Windows NT 6.0 family. This bug doesn’t affect servers with "Windows Server 2008 r2" that is part of Windows NT 6.1 family. It seems that QlikView wasn’t able to export images with this OS. If an image export fails, print the image as PDF and then convert it to an image. This process is slower than exporting an image, so we suggest you use tables instead of images whenever possible.
Tags were not replaced in Pages if there were no values
There was a minor bug with Excel and PowerPoint in generating reports using Pages and Linked Fields. The NPrinting tags were not substituted when the dataset was empty for a specific Linked Field value. NPrinting now deletes the Excel Sheet or the PowerPoint Slide.
Imported filters with incorrect options activated
We’ve fixed an importing filter bug. Filters based on fields that contain letters and numbers together were imported with the text portion and a number other than 0 instead of 0. The flag "isNumeric" was also incorrectly enabled.
On-Demand Custom Objects error when downloading last report
Fixed a bug which disabled download for some reports bigger than 64KB.
Resolved a recipient import issue in Outlook
NPrinting is now able to correctly import Outlook contacts from custom folders.
- On-Demand Service
- Browser Requirements for NPrinting On-Demand
- NPrinting On-Demand requires
- Office and HTML Reports containing data from multiple QlikView Documents
- Data sources managed in the template editor
- Connections moved from Tools to Sources
- Fewer options in Linked Fields Filter window
- One NPrinting setup file for all supported QlikView versions
- NPrinting Client Setup
- NPrinting On-Demand components setup
- NPrinting Server Setup
- NPrinting Client options modified
- New NPrinting Management Console
- New Licensing Model
- Image of entire QlikView sheet distributable
- A QlikView document may be used only once in an NPrinting project
- NPrinting Condition compares two variables
- NPrinting Condition compares a variable to a constant
- Distribute files using SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
- Developers can request QlikView object list refresh
- Task performance improved
- Email variable tags include connection names
- Entity properties pane integrated into Template Editor window
- Version stamped NPrinting project files
- Number of modified recipients logged
- List update progress bar in forms
- Invalid image size error when color depth set to 256 colors
- Chart “is empty” condition malfunction for Pivot charts
- NPrinting now checks for export permission
- Check template type
Users can request On-Demand report generation and task execution with NPrinting On-Demand service via the web whenever they want.
Browser Requirements for NPrinting On-Demand
Minimum browser versions for use with NPrinting On-Demand are:
- Internet Explorer: IE9 or higher
- Chrome: 28 or higher
- Safari: 6 or higher
- FireFox: 23 or higher
NPrinting On-Demand should work with other browsers too, but they are not supported. It does not work with IE7 or previous versions.
NPrinting On-Demand requires
- Windows 7, Vista SP1 or later, Windows XP SP3, Server 2003 SP2, Server 2008, or Server 2012
- .NET framework 4.0 full or higher
NPrinting is now "MultiDoc". That means that it's now possible to use objects from different QlikView documents in a single report.
- Report Tasks are no longer linked to a specific connection.
The Report Task will automatically display all connections necessary for the reports added to the Task, including connections used by the Conditions in the reports. Connections used by Filters are not displayed.
- Reports are no longer connected to a unique QlikView document.
Connections are now chosen in the Template Editor and then displayed in the Report general window.
- Conditions are still linked to a single Connection but they can now be applied to reports from different connections.
For instance, you can create a condition linked to connection A and apply it to a report uses object from connection B.
- Linked Fields are a new entity that allows you to create a logical mapping between fields from different connections and is visible under the Sources section of the navigation pane.
Each Linked Fields entity can link only one field from each connected QlikView document and as many QlikView documents as you want. For instance, you can link the Salesman field present in each of three different QlikView documents. A single Linked Fields entity should link fields containing data of the same type. When configuring a Linked Fields entity, you must specify whether you want to "Keep all values" or "Keep all matching values only". Selecting "Keep all values" causes NPrinting to create and use the union of the data sets for the fields that are linked. Selecting "Keep all matching values only" causes NPrinting to create and use the intersection of the data sets for the fields that are linked. For instance, only those values that are present in each and every linked field in the QlikView documents connected to a specific report. Linked fields can be used with Filters, Levels, Pages and Cycles.
NOTE: Linked Fields used as Levels or Pages that use objects from a number of connections less than the total number linked will use only values from the effectively used connections. Suppose we have created a Linked Fields entity based on Country fields from connections 1, 2 and 3, and Report1 contains a level based on this Linked Field entity. If the report uses charts from only connections 2 and 3, the report will be generated using only countries from connections 2 and 3.
Tasks, Filters and Cycles are managed in the same way.
- Linked Fields entities can be added to Filters.
Data sources managed in the template editor
Select a connection in the template editor window. Then choose the objects from the connection you want to put into the template. All connections relative to objects embedded in the template are displayed in the drop down list at the top of the object tree. Select a specific connection to see only the used objects that belong to that connection in the treeview.
Connections moved from Tools to Sources
Connection management has been moved from Tools into a new section named "Sources" in the NPrinting navigation bar.
Fewer options in Linked Fields Filter window
Filters based on Linked Fields can only use the options: Locked, Verify filter and Unlock if locked. The Value column admits only manually entered values or values present in the field. Formulas are not allowed.
One NPrinting setup file for all supported QlikView versions
NPrinting is now available in a unique setup file that works with all three QlikView versions: 9, 10 and 11. Just download and run the latest version of the NPrinting setup. NPrinting has three main setup files:
- NPrinting Client
- NPrinting Server
- NPrinting On-Demand Components x86 or x64
see details below.
The NPrinting Client, On-Demand Component and Server installed version must be the same.
NPrinting Client Setup
NPrinting Client Setup installs:
- Localization files
If version 12 of NPrinting is already installed, the user will be asked to allow its uninstallation. Uninstallation will be performed automatically by the new installer.
The installation path is: %InstallationPath%\Client
For instance if a user enters C:\Program Files\NPrinting, the NPrinting Client installation will be installed in C:\Program Files\NPrinting\Client
NPrinting On-Demand components setup
The NPrinting On-Demand Components setup (Complete installation) installs:
- NPrinting custom objects
- NPrinting extensions
The NPrinting On-Demand Components setup (Custom installation) installs:
- NPrinting custom objects (pre-selected)
- NPrinting extensions (pre-selected)
all of these may be selected or not.
Choosing Custom installation permits including or excluding components.
The installation path for custom objects is: %InstallationPath%\customobjects\.
If the user enters C:\Program Files\NPrinting for instance, custom objects will be installed in C:\Program Files\NPrinting\customobjects\.
QlikView Extensions are installed in the default QlikView extensions path: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects
NPrinting Server Setup
NPrinting Server setup installs:
- NPrinting Management Console
- NPrinting Service
- Localization files
- Extension objects
The installation path for server applications is: %InstallationPath%\Server
If the user enters C:\Program Files\NPrinting for instance, the NPrinting Management Console will be installed in C:\Program Files\NPrinting\Server
The installation path for extension objects is the default path as defined by QlikView: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects
NPrinting Client options modified
- Service section removed
- Name of the service log files editing removed
New NPrinting Management Console
NPrinting Management Console allows:
- NPrinting Server Service configuration
- NPrinting Service activation
- Window title is now "NPrinting Management Console"
- "Enable on demand schedules" label is now "Enable external requests"
New Licensing Model
There are now NPrinting Client and Server licenses. Your licenses will continue be valid as before. We’ll publish a detailed tutorial on this.
- If you have an active NPrinting Enterprise license, you can install NPrinting Client and NPrinting Server on the same machine and this upgrade is included in your maintenance plan
- If you have an active NPrinting Desktop or Standard license, you can install NPrinting Client. This upgrade is included in your maintenance plan
Image of entire QlikView sheet distributable
An entire QlikView sheet can now be exported as an image. Now find sheets in the Image list. Available image formats are: PNG, JPEG, BMP and GIF. QlikView doesn’t support PDF. The size and the aspect ratio of the exported image depends on the size and the aspect ratio of the QlikView window. QlikView sheets can also be put into Microdsoft Office and HTML format templates as image objects just like QlikView charts. In the images list earch for object with ID that starts with "SH".
A QlikView document may be used only once in an NPrinting project
An entire QlikView sheet can now be exported as an image. Available image output formats are: PNG, JPEG, BMP and GIF. QlikView doesn’t support PDF. The size and the aspect ratio of the exported image depends on the size and the aspect ratio of the QlikView window. QlikView sheets can also be put into Microsoft Office and HTML format templates as image objects just like QlikView charts. In the images list search for objects with an ID that starts with "SH".
NPrinting Condition compares two variables
Two variables from the same connection can now be compared by conditions. Available operators are: equal to, not equal to, greater than, greater than or equal to, less than and less than or equal to.
NPrinting Condition compares a variable to a constant
Conditions now determine the relation between a variable and a constant. Available operators are: equal to, not equal to, greater than, greater than or equal to, less than and less than or equal to.
Distribute files using SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
A new button, "New SSH FTP", has been added to the FTP Destinations window for configuring SFTP connection parameters. SFTP and FTP destinations can be used in the same way. A connection username and password can be configured. You can also use a Private Key File to connect to the the server.
Developers can request QlikView object list refresh
Refresh of object, Field, Variable, Bookmark and Chart lists can now be requested.
Task performance improved
Task processing has been revised to optimize performance, shortening processing time.
Email variable tags include connection names
Email variable tag names are now connection-based. This means that every variable tag is generated according to the following rule: %%Variable_ConnectionName_VariableName%%. Also managed:
- automatic conversion of old variable tag names when opening an NPrinting project created with a pre 126.96.36.199 version of NPrinting
- compatibility back to release 188.8.131.52
Entity properties pane integrated into Template Editor window
The properties window is now displayed in the lower left pane. Easier to modify.
Version stamped NPrinting project files
Since NPrinting 184.108.40.206, there is a check that displays a warning message if the opened NSQ file has been saved with an newer version. The warning message is:
The NPrinting file you are opening was created with a later NPrinting release. When saving the file using the current version, it might no longer work correctly or be compatible with later releases. Do you want to continue?".
When you use a Beta version to open an .nsq file created with a official version of NPrinting, a warning will appear. The warning message is:
"The NPrinting file you are opening was created with an official NPrinting release. When saving the file using a beta version, it might no longer work correctly or be compatible with official releases. Do you want to continue?".
Number of modified recipients logged
Log messages now include the following information: "Recipients updated: No.", "Recipients deleted: No.", "Recipients inserted: No.". The messages appear only if there are updated, deleted and inserted recipients.
List update progress bar in forms
Forms that request lists of objects from QlikView now display a progress bar. This is true when requesting a list of fields to select from in the filter window or a list of charts when selecting a chart to add to a template, etc. Adding a chart as table to a template, right-click on Tables and select the Add action. The Window for listing available charts opens, but the form will be "frozen" until the first piece of data is available. In the meantime, an hourglass will be visible. The list is populated as data arrives. If the loading process takes a long time, a progress bar will be shown in the bottom left corner of the window.
Invalid image size error when color depth set to 256 colors
An error occured when opening NPrinting using color depth set to 256.
Chart “is empty” condition malfunction for Pivot charts
“is empty” condition applied to QlikView Pivot charts was not verified correctly.
NPrinting now checks for export permission
If when running a task or a report preview, NPrinting finds that object export is not allowed, the following message will be recorded in the log file or an alert will be shown: "Export of objects from this QlikView document is not allowed. Please check your security options in QlikView".
Check template type
Now both "Edit" and "Preview" buttons will be disabled if you choose an invalid template file. In addition, if you try to save a report with an invalid template format (e.g. if you select an xlsx template for a Word report), NPrinting will show this message: "This template file format is not supported for this report type. Please select a valid template file" .