Description: Learn how to create a well formatted PixelPerfect Chart and add a Table of Contents to an existing PixelPerfect report. Before starting this tutorial please:
- Download the latest NPrinting 16 Training & Installation/Upgrade Information version and extract it into C:\NPrintingTraining\ so that the the relative path structure continues to be valid
- Install the latest version of NPrinting from our download page
- Execute the tutorial How to Add Totals and Subtotals to PixelPerfect Reports
- Select Reports in the lower left pane
- Select PixelPerfect Reports in the upper pane
- Select PixelPerfect Report with Totals and SubTotals on Nested Levels from the report list
- Click on the Clone icon in the Actions group of the tool bar
Open Report in Editor
Rename and Open Pre-existing Template in Template Editor
- Rename the report to PixelPerfect Report with Table of Contents
- Click on the Edit icon in the Template group of the tool bar
Open "Save As" Window
Click on the Save As icon in the Report group.
Save Renamed Template
- Make sure that the Save as window is opened in the C:\NPrintingTraining\Templates\ folder. If not, browse to it.
- Change the template File name from PixelPerfect Report with Totals and SubTotals on Nested Levels.npx toPixelPerfect Report with Table of Content template.npx
- Click on the Save button
Select [Year] Heading
The first task is to set the headings as bookmarks. Year will be primary and Category Name secondary.Select the Year heading in the Detail1 range
Make [Year] Heading Primary Bookmark
- Find the Data group in the Property Grid in the left lower pane
- Expand the (Data Bindings) and Bookmark nodes by clicking on the small angle bracket '>' to the left of each
- Select the Binding node
- Open the Binding drop-down menu by clicking on the down pointing triangle at the extreme right of the Bindingfield
- Expand the Levels and Year_Level nodes by clicking on the small angle bracket '>' to the left of each
- Select the Year node by double clicking on it
Select [CategoryName_Level.CategoryName] in Detail2.
Create Secondary Bookmark
Repeat the above procedure adding the expansion of the CategoryName_Level node and selecting theCategoryName node instead.
Begin Defining Bookmark Hierarchy
- Scroll down the Property Grid until you reach the Navigation group
- Select Parent Bookmark
- Open the Parent Bookmark pop-up menu by clicking on the down pointing triangle at the extreme right of theParent Bookmark field
Define Level as Child of Detail1
- Expand the DetailReport and Detail1 nodes
- Select the Label1 node by double clicking on it.
Create ReportHeader Bar
- Right click on the Detail bar
- Select Insert Band
- Click on ReportHeader
Embed Table of Contents in ReportHeader
Drag the Table of Contents icon into the template and drop it into the ReportHeader range.
Configure Table of Contents Behavior
Widen the Property Grid on the left side of the NPrinting window.
- Go to the Behavior group
- Expand the Level Default node
- Click on the browse button at the extreme right of the Font field
Set Table of Contents Font Characteristics
Configure Level Heading
Enter Level Heading Text
Save Template and Close Template Editor
Get a PDF report with a Table of Contents at the beginning by clicking on the Preview icon in the Actions group.