Beginners Task Series - Task5

What are Total , All Qualifiers (Keywords)...

All Qlik Beginners,

Here Iam with some more tasks from a beginner point of view.

Tasks:

1. Show the percentage of individual items in the whole items taking selections into count

2. Show the percentage of individual items in the whole items with out taking selections into count

3. Show the percentage of each SalesmanID sales in its respective product

4. In a table show the top SalesmanID sales in its respective ProductID for all other rows

5. In a table show the top SalesmanID in its respective ProductID for all other rows

Definition:

Total and Allare two keywords used in Qlik view to do a variety of things.For eg

SNOData

In the above table I want another column with Data% as below

SNODataData%
    110010.00%
    220020.00%
    330030.00%
    440040.00%

In the above table Data% column can be achieved by using

1.Sum(Amount) as expression using relative option  with number format as Expression Default

2.Sum(Amount) / Sum(TOTAL Amount) with number format as fixed and show in percentage check box ticked

3.Sum(Amount) / Sum(ALL Amount) with number format as fixed and show in percentage check box ticked

Untitled1.png

Then what is the difference between Total and All ??

For eg Select Sno's 1 , 2 observe the percentages they show as below

Untitled2.png

The percentages are now based on the selected SNO's total i.e., 300, if you still want to have percentages on the whole SNO's even after selection then use Sum(Data)/ Sum(ALL Data) as expressions and the percentages would be as follows

Untitled2.png

Hope I am clear.

Please find attached files covering all tasks mentioned above.

Miscellaneous: Try Relative option with Dimension limits for further delving.

Even Total and All behave differently when dimension limits is used.

Want more....

Beginners Tasks Series - Task1

Beginners Tasks Series - Task2

Beginners Task Series - Task3(Interval Match)

Beginners Task Series - Task4

Kiran Kumar