I am starting this article to yell out to the community, that I have completed a generic script (suitable for QlikView and Qlik Sense using the Qlik REST Connector) to use the API of Synthesio for loading data.
I am not sure how many folks will search for this combination, so before I document hours of "how to do" here, please ping me a note (reply below or email me at email@example.com) that you're interested. I will then share it here. If noone ever asks for this combination, I saved a lot of time ;-)
The idea is the following:
- Synthesio offers several REST APIs
- You have to get an accesstoken which is valid for some hours. My script is doing so.
- You can query Synthesio's Mention API, the one you likely look for are
- The result is a json object, which unfortunately does not translate automatically into a workable datamodel when using the REST Connector wizard.
- I had to load the result basically into one cell (one row) and then parse the content accordingly.
Excerpt from the "magic script":