Qlik View converter
- 1. Login to Server Hub
- 2. Navigate to Qlik Sense Dev Hub using the icon on the hub
- 3. Select QlikView Converter on the left sidebar menu item
- 4. Drag and drop your QVW file into the window’s dashed box area or click the plus icon to use the file uploader.
- 5. Select the Uploaded document from the left sidebar menu.
- 6. Use the tabs checkboxes to determine the variables, dimensions, measures and visualisations you would like to load, (customise the items on this stage if required).
- 7. When done click the create app button on the bottom right of the page.
- 8. When done navigate to the hub. Then select the newly created up and start adding new sheets and using the variables, dimensions, measures and visualisations generated by the converter.
Colours and Measures
You create expressions for colours in the properties panel.
Do the following:
- 1. In the Properties panel, open Appearance > Colors and legend.
- 1. Click the Colors button to switch to Custom.
- 1. In the drop-down list, select the option By expression.
An expression text box is opened.
- 1. Enter your expression in the text box, or click fx (Expression icon) to open the expression editor.
If the expression is valid, the visualisation is updated.
- 1. Click Edit icon in the toolbar.
The assets panel opens on the left-hand side.
- 1. Click Fields icon in the left sidebar to open the Fields tab.
- 1. Right-click a field and select Create calendar measures.
By default, the field you right-clicked will be included as the Aggregated field.
- 1. Select a date field from the Date field drop-down list.
- 1. Select a field from the Aggregated field drop-down list.
- 1. Select an aggregation from the Aggregation drop-down list.
- 1. Select a time range from the Time range drop-down list.
A list of the available measures displays under Preview of measures.
You can toggle the display of the measures' expressions by selecting the Preview of measures switch.
- 1. Select the calendar measures to add to your master items.
By default, all measures are selected.
- 1. Click Save to master items.
- 1. Click Close.
You can now deploy a multi-node site with shared persistence. This means that nodes share a single repository database and a single network folder for the application files. You can either share the central node repository or set up a high availability database cluster as the repository database. This allows for higher volumes of changes, such as reloads and removes delays caused by synchronisation.
This is the current recommendation from Qlik for all new installations for Qlik Sense. The synchronised Persistence will be deprecated in Qlik Sense 4.0
Known Issue: Shared persistence is causing timeout issues in some single node installations. The cause of this is currently not known.
A Qlik Sense Enterprise administrator can allow users to authenticate their Qlik Sense Desktop against Qlik Sense Enterprise.
The usage for this is currently unknown and this cannot be used with the Qlik Analytics Platform.
Users can also authenticate with the Cloud.
Upgrading to Qlik Sense Desktop 3.2 SR2 means users must authenticate the app with either Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Sense Cloud.
Apps are not synchronised between the Desktop and the Server and there is no option to upload local apps to the Server or Cloud.
NB ITS NOT WORKING AS IT SHOULD