As usual my frustration keeps growing with Qlik Sense each day because I'm used to working with QlikView. (But don't
have fear QlikTech as Clients love QlikSense)
Developing and Designing with QlikSense is like shooting arrows with one arm tied to my back. Whichever options I have to select involves a laborious process of "More clicks and OK's" before I can see my changes materialize.
It is of some consensus among Qlik'ers that since QS is more HTML based, options like Conditional Show / Hide and Triggers are not possible. (I'll be very sad if this is true ).
So here are some UI level suggestions that are very much doable in QS....... (I hope so).
- Master Number Formatting.
The master items should have the option to define a global number format. i.e. this format will be applicable whenever the developer drags and drops the master measure.
- Adding a master measure from the Edit panel itself (From the accordion panel on the right)
- Smaller grid granularity in the work canvas i.e. smaller chunks of cubes as opposed to large cubes.
- Search option in the variable panel with each variable having a checkbox (So as to delete multiple variables in one go)
- More shortcuts to open "Stuff". At this point CTRL + E opens the editing canvas and CTRL + right arrow will swipe to the next sheet. Suggested shortcuts include: Opening Variable editor panel, Opening Master Items panel, Creating Bookmarks etc. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REDUCE THE NUMBER OF CLICKS. This is an issue that bothers the users also as they are used to other UI interfaces that are much more intuitive and fluid.
- Take a "Print-Out/Send to PDF" of the entire script. This is Very USEFUL in version control. This helps greatly if multiple users are working on the script. Or better yet if Qlik can keep the metadata of which user (Similar to OSUSER function) has changed/added which portion of script (with timestamp) it'll be very helpful. Currently, our IT is relying, I believe, on GitHub for version control.
- ListBoxes and KPI objects and TextBoxes, should by default, not occupy half of the canvas when they're initially dragged and dropped.
- More excel features for labels like: Text wrapping, Rotating Text, coloring text (if possible), Bold, Italics, Fonts(if possible).
- Meaningful metadata for sheet objects (like CH104, KPI01, LB03 etc.) THIS IS VERY USEFUL IN NPRINTING. Helps to identify which sheet object that we need to drag and drop. This was there in QlikView, don't know why this is absent in QlikSense.
- Adding Value colors to dimension directly when the dimension is first created. I can't understand why Value colors can only be added after adding the dimension. (As of now - Only after adding the dimension, one can add value colors by clicking EDIT... Seriously guys? Why more clicks?. This option is very un-intuitive for a non technical user)
- Master development search option, where the 'Developer' can search for Tags and Variables in one go.
To the Qlik Community Users:
I will keep adding more points as I go on and I encourage other users to add their points. Please keep in mind that this post only concerns UI level changes. So suggest any changes at the UI level.
Thanks all - 08-15-2017
This document was generated from the following discussion: The specified item was not found.