Did you know you can create a multi-step dataflow in expressor Studio?
Use additional steps when:
- you want to break apart dataflows into smaller digestible tasks
- you want to add additional orchestration or coordination to a dataflow, such as file and database management
- you want to control order of execution
- dataflows have or require dependencies on other dataflows or data sources, such as refreshing Lookup tables
- when debugging to test one part of a dataflow
- You can also rearrange and enable or disable steps when developing.
Here is the sequence:
- Select the Add Step button from the Steps section of the Dataflow Build tab on the ribbon bar.
- A new Step tab is added beneath the Dataflow panel.
- Right click the tab to rename, delete, enable or disable or use the buttons on the ribbon tool bar above.
- Click on the tab name and hold to drag into desired sequence.