QlikView Expressor 3.9 Release Highlights
(full document below)
This release includes the following new features and improvements:
- Extensions SDK- The first productized version of an Expressor SDK including interfaces, wizards, tutorials, and documentation to help developers extend the functionality of the QlikView Expressor data mangement environment. The SDK leverages the built-in integration of the Lua programming language (branded as Datascript). The online help system contains extensive documentation for the SDK, and it includes a series of tutorial exercises to orient the Extension developer to the user interface for constructing Extension artifacts and writing the Datascript to support those artifacts. This SDK is an important step to ensure customers and partners the ability to develop additional connectivity and "metadata" for QlikView Expressor.
- Conformance Mapping– A new metadata management feature that enables users to more easily manage their metadata definitions across projects. Specifically, users can now unify the attributes mapped to Schema fields by finding and reusing existing mappings from source fields to target attributes in the semantic model. This helps improve consistency and reduces the proliferation of unnecessary variations that can cause inconsistent results in data processing.
- Advanced search capabilities– Another metadata management capability that provides dependency and impact analysis tools to users and new visibility into the relationships within data management applications.. For example, this allows a user to easily identify all dataflows that may be impacted by a change to a given schema, or to identify all schemas that are used by a given dataflow.
- Multi-output Transform operator– Improves the overall efficiency and management of large dataflows that may require finer control on how data is transformed and where it resides. It enables data to be transformed and directed without the need for additional Filter operators.
- The QlikView Extension is now enabled by default in all Workspaces. This eliminates the need for users to install and enable the QlikView extension within Expressor. Beginning with 3.9 the QlikView capabilities are automatically enabled.
- Minor cosmetic changes
- Includes about 100 fixes for bugs found in Expressor 3.8 and earlier.
tech-brief_Whats-New-in-QVE_US-2.pdf (974.2 K)