NPrinting Software Requirements:
- *Please download and install the most recent version of NP 16 available on the Qlik Customer Downloads site (NP 16 SR 2 or higher)
- The latest version of QlikView NPrinting setup files, Server and Client from the official Qlik website: http://us-d.demo.qlik.com/download/. Log in with your credentials, select Support and than Download. Click on the QlikView tab then scroll the products list until you'll find NPrinting products so you can apply a filter and download them.
- QlikView Desktop 11.20 SR 5 to QV 11.2 SR 13. You will need this even if Enterprise Edition or Small Business Edition is installed. QlikView Desktop 11.2 SR 14 and SR 15 are supported with NP 16 SR 4 or higher (in reference only to NP 16).
- NPrinting does not support QlikView Desktop Personal Edition (free version)
- QlikView Desktop must have an active local license or a Named User CAL from your QlikView Server. Do not use shared licenses: when NPrinting Client or Server opens the local QlikView Desktop, the license must be active. If it is not, the process stops and reports can’t be generated
- Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista SP1 or later, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2* (Windows NT 6.1 Server Family), Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Windows NT 6.2 Server Family)
*Windows Server 2008 SP2 is not supported (Windows NT 6.0 Server Family).
*Windows 2016 versions are not supported
- Minimum RAM requirements: 1 GB. QlikView Desktop must have enough memory on the PC on which NPrinting is installed to manage the QlikView documents you want to use for reporting
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 (32 or 64 bit) only on the computers on which NPrinting MS Office templates will be created.
- Microsoft Office 2016 (32 or 64 bit) is also certified for support on NP 16.0 SR 4 or higher installations only. It is not supported on NP 16.0 SR 3 or lower.
- .NET framework 4.0 Full or higher. Note: It may be required to install .NET Framework 4.0 Full Update KB 2468871 during installation.
*QlikView Desktop 12.0 versions are not supported by any version of NPrinting 16.x.x.x
*NPrinting 16 IR to SR 3 supports QlikView Desktop 11.20 SR 5 to QV 11.2 SR 13
*NPrinting 16 SR 4 supports QlikView Desktop 11.20 SR 14 and SR 15.
*NPrinting 16 SR 6 We added the support for QV 12.10 SR 4 through SR 7 and QV 11.2 SR 5 through 11.20 SR 16. If support for specific versions of QlikView or Windows Operating System is removed, we explicitly state this via the product release notes.
(For QV Desktop requirements for On Demand, please see On Demand section below).
*NPrinting 15.7 or lower versions, QlikView Desktop 9 (SR5 and SR6), Windows XP SP3, Server 2003 SP2 and Bullzip PDF Printer are no longer supported.
NPrinting will function properly on both physical and virtual machines. In both configurations, NPrinting requires that QlikView and Microsoft Office (for development only) are installed on the same machine. NPrinting will not function if it is installed on one machine and the virtualized applications (ie: Citrix) are installed on different machines.
NPrinting On-Demand: (only for On-Demand users)
Consider this chapter only if you are an On-Demand user.
NPrinting Trial licenses are fully functional and On-Demand Enabled. Simply download and install the On-Demand components as needed from the download site.
You can use Internet Explorer 10 or higher with QlikView Desktop 11.20 SR4. Note that Internet Explorer 11 is compatible only with QlikView Desktop 11.20 SR5 and higher. So, if you are using Internet Explorer 11 you must install QlikView Desktop 11.20 SR5 or higher.
On Demand components must be installed on each NPrinting developer machine, and also on the NPrinting, QlikView and Accesspoint servers.
The On Demand components do not need to be installed for clients that are only using On-Demand buttons from a web browser (for instance to make selections and run a report preview). If a client wants to use On-Demand buttons by opening related .QVWs in QlikView Desktop, the NPrinting On-Deamand Components must install on that machine.
For more information about On-Demand supported environments, report configuration, generation and distribution, refer to the following links:
NOTE: NPrinting On Demand does NOT support reverse proxy server configurations nor software/hardware web load balancers at this time. It is currently designed to work with http or https in a non load-balanced front environment where ports 9000 and 9001 are left open for use with NPrinting On Demand Exclusively.
Specific Feature Requirements
Attention: Starting from NPrinting 15.3, OpenSSL is no longer necessary in order to send email using TLS.
NPrinting requires you to download additional software to enable certain features. All of these softwares are free for commercial use and are “open source” in many cases:
- Bullzip PDF Printer for distributing Legacy QlikView Reports in PDF, JPG, PNG. When installing Bullzip you will be prompted to install Ghostscript if it hasn’t previously been installed http://www.bullzip.com/download.php. We strongly suggest that you convert your Legacy QlikView Reports into new QlikView Entity Reports. Also, starting from NPrinting 22.214.171.124, Bullzip is no longer supported.
- GPG4win for generating encrypted reports: http://www.gpg4win.org/download.html
- To encrypt your reports refer to this tutorial How to Use OpenPGP Encryption with NPrinting
- OpenSSL, if your SMTP server requires SSL or TLS. Be sure to install the 32 bit version even if you are running a 64 bit OS: http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
- In order to activate NPrinting Client and/or Server, you need a license code
- If you want to deliver reports via email, you will need the parameters for an SMTP server:
- name (e.g. smtp.gmail.com) or IP address
- userID and password. We strongly recommend that you create a dedicated NPrinting e-mail account
Windows User (Dedicated to running the NPrinting Server Service)
An Interactive, Dedicated Windows UserID and Password needs to be reserved for the NPrinting Server Service. It must have administrator privileges on the local machine. This user also needs “Logon as a service” privileges and an active QlikView Desktop license. To Accurately configure your NPrinting Environment, please view the documentation at the following link: Configuring and Troubleshooting NPrinting Server Service and Schedules
- Verify that your PC or server meets all requirements (see above)
- Right click on the NPrinting Server and/or Client setup file and select “Run as Administrator”
- Follow installation wizard instructions
- Installation path can be customized to your liking
- Activate the correct NPrinting license
- For an online activation refer to: Activate or Reactivate QlikView NPrinting Designer
- If you are moving NPrinting from one computer to another, refer to: Deactivate Your License Before Making Changes to Your Computer or Move NPrinting to Another Computer
Follow the instructions from the respective tutorials
- To setup the SMTP server: How do I set up e-mail in NPrinting?
- To customize log file paths and other options: Configure Options
- To configure the NPrinting Service follow the tutorial: How to Configure QlikView NPrinting 16 Service
- Be sure to insert userID and password for a Windows user that is a local machine administrator, has “Logon as a service” privileges, and is used only by NPrinting
- Click on Test to verify the userID and password
- Log into Windows with the NPrinting user and open a .qvw. Check that QlikView Desktop has an active license. Note that QlikView Personal Edition is not supported
- If you want to change the user, fill-in the Account and Password fields