NOTE: The following documentation applies to NPrinting 16.x.x.x only.
Download the latest version of QlikView NPrinting directly to the computer (that you wish to install QlikView NPrinting onto) from the following location (Do not install over the network):
For On Demand Installation, follow the link below:
NPrinting On-Demand Components contain:
- Ajax Extension Objects: must be installed on each NPrinting development/QV desktop computer and on the server that will publish the QVW's via AccessPoint
Please NOTE: NP Client, NP Server and NP Server Components must always maintain the same version/release number.
You also must download the NPrinting report repository available at the following link:
Extract its zipped contents into C:\NPrintingTraining\ so that the the relative path structure continues to be valid.
Part 1 - Install NPrinting Server or Client
NB: Installation of NPrinting Client follows the same steps as the NPrinting Server. Activation for NPrinting Client is done from within the Client. While for Server, activation is done within the NPrinting Management Console. In either case, the respectie application will open at the end of the installation process if you put a check in the Launch NPrinting Client/Server box before clicking on the Finish button. See Activate or Reactivate NPrinting.
- You may install NPrinting Client alone on a computer for developing NPrinting Projects and manual report distribution.
- You may install NPrinting Client and On-Demand Components on a computer for developing NPrinting Projects, whether On-Demand or not.
- You may install NPrinting Server alone on a computer for running NPrinting Service to automate execution of scheduled jobs.
- You may install NPrinting Server and On-Demand Components on a computer for running NPrinting Service to automate execution of scheduled jobs and provide On-Demand reporting.
- You may install NPrinting Client, Server and On-Demand Components on a computer for developing NPrinting Projects, whether On-Demand or not, running NPrinting Service to automate execution of scheduled jobs and provide On-Demand reporting, all on the same computer.
The installer will have been downloaded to the Downloads folder to be installed on a single computer for doing all of the above.
Double click on and install the NPrinting setup files in any order. I will start with NPrinting Server. Strongly recommend copying these files directly to the target computer. Do not install over the network if possible. Installation needs to be done by a local administrator. The installers should be 'run as administrator' as well.
Opportunity to Change Installation Folder
Unless you have a specific need to change the installation folder, just click on the Next button.
This is your last chance to go back and revise your selections. If you are content with your selections, click on the Install button.
Finish and Launch NPrinting Management Console
NPrinting Management Console is an external application that is installed with NPrinting Server for configuring NPrinting Service.
- If you put a check mark in the Launch NPrinting Server box, NPrinting Management Console will start up and allow you to configure and start NPrinting Service. If not, you will have to start NPrinting Management Console up manually at some later time to configure and start NPrinting Service.
- Click on the Finish button
Finish Procedure for NPrinting Client Installation
- Put a check in the Launch NPrinting Client box if you want to get started developing and distributing NPrinting reports immediately
- Click on the Finish button
Part 2 - Configure NPrinting Service with NPrinting Management Console
Add Initial NPrinting Project File
- Select the Service window of NPrinting Management Console if it is not already selected
- Click on the Add File or on the Add Folder button
Select NPrinting Project File
- Browse to C:\NPrintingTraining\NPrintingFiles\
- Select the OnDemand NPrinting Project file. If you select NPrinìtingTraining.nsq, all the scheduled jobs in the working examples that it contains will begin executing according to their schedules
- Click on the Open button
Configure NPrinting Service
- Put a check mark in the Enable external requests box if you want to run jobs from XML request files, see: How to Execute NPrinting Reports on Demand and How to Configure NPrinting as a Service
- Enter the User ID of a machine administrator in the New Account field the corresponding password in the Password field, see: How to Configure NPrinting as a Service again
- Click on the Test... button and if configured correctly, you will see the confirmation message below
Conclude Configuration and Install NPrinting Service
Part 3 - Install NPrinting On-Demand Components
NPrinting On-Demand Components Setup Type Dialog
The installation of NPrinting On-Demand Components does present one dialog window that is unique to it.
- Choose the Complete "install everything in the default locations" setup or the Custom "specific needs and locations" setup
- Click on the Next button
Install NPrinting On-Demand Components
If you have any doubts, now is your last chance to go back and revise your settings.
Permit Changes to Computer
Answer Yes to the question "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" When the installation procedure for all three products is complete you'll be ready to use On-Demand reporting.