How to set exact but automatically changed date on data editor mode on Qlik Sense

How to set exact but automatically changed date on data editor mode on Qlik Sense

Hi.

This is newbie from South Korea.

i've been trying to search date option that i want to set but i couldn't but i found some clue on that and finally solved my problem. so i'm gonna share this for someone has same interest.

if your company wants to see yesterday's data on today, everyday without modifying parameter by administrator. here is the answer.

SNAG-0031.png

can you see the last line starting with LET? this is telling you 'y' has '20150629' cause today is '20150630'.

without num option, you gonna face the value like '2015629' or '201561'. that's why i had to use that to meet our date format.

DO NOT USE ABOVE 'LET' COMMAND. USE UNDER LINE. THIS IS MUCH BETTER.

LET vdate4=date(today()-1, "YYYYMMDD");

SNAG-0032.png

ll you have to do put it in your where option. everyday you gonna see the latest sales.

my next challenge or question is, user can set the speicific date for analyzing. because Qlik Sense always(?) extract data and then build KPI.

if you have the experience, i mean, date setting by user side on APP mode. please let me know your know-how.

P.S Many thanks Mike T! your pronouciation is so great to understand even in here KR. lol