Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to solve date Issues

Hi,

I am trying to load dates field into QlikView and am trying to specify the month name by using monthname or month functions but its not working.

Original date fields data looks like this: 15/07/1992 12:00:00 AM. I want to extract month names from this field but I couldn't, when using monthname function its returning the first day of the month 1/07/1992 12:00:00 AM, and when using month function it is returning wrong dates (in year 1900) .

My other question is that I want to load dates upon condition i.e, I want only dates which are greater than 1/01/2011.How can i do that.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Fayez

3 Replies
spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Try in this way

MONTH(DATE('15/07/1992 ','DD/MM/YYYY')

first thing use like this in your script suppose if your date field name is TargetDate then use

MONTH(DATE(TARGETDATE,'DD/MM/YYYY'))

this will give u the months

and in the same way apply filter condition i.e DATE(TARGETDATE,'DD/MM/YYYY') > '01/01/2011'

if this is not working then send sample data.

Regards,

Ajay

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much.

the first one is working fine..

Now regarding the date >'01/01/2010' it is returning 0 & -1, what i actually need is to return all the date above this day.

Thank you agian.

Cheers,

Fayez

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much.

the first one is working fine..

Now regarding the date >'01/01/2010' it is returning 0 & -1, what i actually need is to return all the date above this day.

Thank you again.

Cheers,

Fayez