Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How could we use Mapping LOAD from MySQL(ODBC Connection)

When i connect to Mysql DB from Qlikview (using ODBC 32) it works fine, But when i use Mapping LOAD from Mysql Table it shows

Cannot Open file  filepath\InventoryDb.Orders System Can't find the file specified error generate. Actually there is no such location like filepath\ InventoryDb.Orders. Qlikview wrongly assuming my MySQL table as file.What i do to resolve this.

My Script is like this:

ODBC CONNECT TO InventoryDSN; //DSN i used to connect MySQL DB

Also i tried OEDB Provider for ODBC

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=InventoryDSN;Extended Properties="DSN=InventoryDSN;";Initial Catalog=InventoryDb];

User_ID_to_EnteredByMap:

Mapping LOAD

id as user_id,

username

FROM  InventoryDb.Orders;

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

Mapping

SELECT

id as user_id,

username

Not applicable
Author

It throws table doesn't exist error

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried using the table wizard to just load this table from your DB as a resident table into your data model?

As soon as this works out, creating a mapping table should be easy by adding the MAPPING LOAD prefix.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry that was my mistake

User_ID_to_EnteredByMap:

Mapping LOAD

id as user_id,

username

FROM  InventoryDb.Orders; (I used this as we Mapping Load from QVD files with out using the SQL SELECT )

the new Correct script is like this

User_ID_to_EnteredByMap:

Mapping LOAD

id as user_id,

username; SQL SELECT *

now the problem is ok, and one question is there any performance issues while i use

SQL SELECT *

FROM  InventoryDb.Orders; in Mapping LOAD

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You need to SELECT only the fields in the SQL statement that you later use in the preceding LOAD statement.

If the DB table doesn't change (often), you can consider storing the table to a QVD to speed up the daily load script. You can look into a multi-staged load process (like QVD generators, data model,  dashboard) then.