Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Suppress Row Display where One Expression has Nil Value but other Expressions have values

I have 2 tables. One contains sales transaction data. The other contains customer details. The customer table contains customers with no sales activity. However, I have to load customer details for all customers.

I have a straight table that analyses sales data per customer, with columns for expressions showing total sales, % of total sales, average sales, number of sales and max sales. For customers with no sales activity, these are zero values. I have checked the Suppress Zero Value. The rows still display, probably for the following reason:

The table also contains a mumber of columns for accumulated expressions eg cuulative sales; cumulated 5 of sales. As these are cumulative values, there are values in these columns even for customers who have no values in the other columns referred to above.

Does the existence of these accumulated columns disable the Suppress Zero Values? Can anyone tell me how to get around this.

Rgds

Joe Qlikview newbie / Personal Edition user

4 Replies
Not applicable

Within the columns that have value add an if

If (SalesAmount=0, 0, Sum(Feildwithvalue)) to all fields that you would suppress

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Richard

I tried the formula as suggested in one of my columns. The problem is that the columns are cumulative, and so the row still has a value, albeit that,as a result of your formula, the value is the same as the previous row value.

If you had any more suggestions, I would like to hear them.

Rgds

Joe

Not applicable

Joe how are you accumulating the columns?

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Richard

I am trying to replicate the 80:20 Customer Analysis in the demo http://demo.qlik.com/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Executive%20Dashboard.qvw&host=Demo10&anonymous=...

So I have a straight table that lists Cust by Sale Val in descending order ie Highest First.

Then I have a column with the Cumulative Sales Vaue. This is the same expression as the Sales Value Column, but with Full Accumulation checked.

Then a column which expresses cumulative value for each row as a % of Total Sales.

Then I have a rank column that counts the Customers. The count per customer is 1, so I check the Full Accumulation. Count for first on list is 1, second is 2 etc.

Then a column that expresses cumulative count as % of Total count.

The idea is that I can see the top x% by value, and the % of customers making up that value.

Hope I have explained properly

PS - I have changed my load so that only Customers that have sale activitity in may sales file will load from my customer file. That way, i don't get any zero value customers. So I have worked around my problem, but would still be interested in any suggestion as to how I might fix the original issue.