Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

'Incomplete script! Script not added, make sure all mandatory settings are entered'

Hi all,

I'm using the QlikView Scalability Tools 1.0. When I try to execute my script, I get the error 'Incomplete script! Script not added, make sure all mandatory settings are entered'.

Since I'm new to this tool, I have no clue what's going wrong and which settings I have to adjust and/or enter.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

10 Replies
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Hi, have you entered a proper Document URL in the script?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

The only Document URL (to the Project Files of the Dashboard) I entered was in the Settings section on the Scenario tab in the Tool itself.

Is that the script you're talking about or do you mean something else?

EDIT: I see what you mean. I entered the right Document URL, but the same error occurs.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

The document URL is in the first tab. The document project files are just there to help you build your script, they are not mandatory nor used in execution.

Mandatory settings are Document URL (in properties tab) and JMeter path (in execution path).

I noticed I bug, when having a incorrect setting + unsaved file + using the "auto add feature". Try saving your script before switching to the execution tab.

You can also add scripts to execution tab using the "Add" button or drag&drop the file onto the area. The execution will not use the script in memory, only the one saved to file.

Not applicable
Author

That was indeed one of the problems!

Thanks a lot.

Now when I try to run the script, everything seems fine until the following error occurs:

Failed to get QVS list from *server*.

What goes wrong and what can I do to solve it?

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

This sounds like part of the log collection, not the execution. Most likely you do not have the rights to access the files on the server. The documentation describes how to collect the files needed for analysis manually. It is however recommended to have admin rights on the server you are testing.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry for my late response.

I have full admin rights for the server I'm testing on, so that should be fine.

Also, the documentation only mentions that the files needed for analysis can be collected manually, not how I can do it.

Since I have the full rights, what goes wrong?

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hello,

It is true that it is not clear how to fetch the logs manually in the Performance Tools Documentation, it is in the documentation for the Analyzer application found here: Scalability Results Analyzer

With that said, we will update the tool documentation to cover the manual copy as well

/Sebastian

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your response.

The only thing I can find in the documentation for the Analyzer application is how to make sure I get the right log files from the current folders to the folders needed for the analysis. The problem is that the folders I am supposed to find the right log files (in the Scalability folder) are empty. When I run the Scalability Tool, no log files are created. I don't get how or why or what I can do about it.

Thanks in advance.

/Robbert

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

So files like this:

• Jmeter execution file from "JMeterExecutions" folder to "JMeterLogs” folder.
  • Performance counters from the folder you set up to save them to "ServerLogs” folder.
  • Create ServerInfo.xml and put into the test folder root
  • (optional) Logs from your QlikView servers into corresponding log folder

Or use the log collector to do the steps semi-manually doing step by step instead of using the automatic one. If you don't have access to read the QVS instances from the web server file as it seems. Enter them manually in the list and press scan, then do each subsequent step manually. The log collector can be started manually from menu. Don't forget to enter the appropriate time period.