Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security Rule - Prevent Data Load Edit & Allow Page Edit

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to create a  security rule that allows users to EDIT the visualization of a sheet / application without having access to edit any of the data load section.  We would like to allow certainly users to be able to edit the visuals of the entire application, but not be able to edit or manipulate the data in the editors.  Disabling or hiding the items in the below square.

Has anyone had a similar security rule ?  Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

is it  in desktop or server?

Not applicable
Author

This is in Qlik Sense 2.0 so it's the server.  So, I set up security rules in the QMC, but do not see any templates for limiting access to the data load section.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

We are having similar scenario and we want to restrict access of Data Load editor for certain users (users in specific roles..) but have not been successful yet.

A workaround that we did for now is- we created a Qlik Sense extension that removes the links (from the HTML DOM) to Data Load Editor or other components (that we don't want a user to see) using java script. But this does not restrict users' ability to open the URL of data load editor (if they know the URL). So this is just an insecure workaround.

Qlik should add the components like 'Data Load editor', 'Data model viewer', 'navigation links' etc. to the definition of resources so that these can be used in security rules.

jwang2016
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

I have tried to find the solution on this topic and finally solved with modified the "ExportAppData" rule in the Security rules setting in QMC only allow Export Data.