Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting 17 - Generating

Hi

I have installed NPrinting 17 Server on a fresh Windows 2012 VM, created an app, and now trying to create a connection. I have tried both a local QV app and a server-based app, and for both of these the Connections show as "Generating", and never get to "Generated".

In the 'nprinting_engine.log' file I can see (ip address removed):

2016-03-06 11:49:00,303 [32] WARN Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.BlockingContentResolver - Navigator stuck on connection f9eb5ae1-2d35-4857-acf9-54f487890511, forcing close of connection. STACK: Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Exceptions.NavigatorStuckException: Navigator navigator=qlikview;documentpath="qvp://@00.00.00.00/Sales Compass.qvw" is stuck and can't be used anymore to resolve requests ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Can anyone suggest any mechanism of identifying the problem?

Thanks

Al.

32 Replies
erjohnso
Creator
Creator

Hi Ernesto, a couple things...

1) Try setting the connection to local and using the servername in the path:

2) Unless the QVW requires a username and password to access upon opening, leave those fields blank.

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Assuming 'ServerName' is not what you actually have...

Is Movies Database.qvw in the root folder on the server? If not you need to include its path in the server box. e.g.

'ServerName/Apps'.

ernestogaona21
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

My Server Name  = QlikServer01.

Yes, Movies Database.qvw, is in the root folder.

I don´t know. I will try it.

Regards,

ernestogaona21

Hi Eric,

I will try it. But what is the differente about Local Type and Server Type?

Regards,

Stephen_Jasionowski

Does the NP service account have admin rights to be able to read/write to the directories with QVWs, templates, etc,?

ernestogaona21

Yes, the account is full Admin.

ernestogaona21

Hi Eric,

It does not work. How do you configure the connection?. I need to connect using server type.

Regards,

ernestogaona21

Hi, AlMcEwan ,

It does not work. Actually, How do you configure the connection?. I need to connect using server.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Have you checked that NPrinting is set up correctly first? For example, do you have an Engine running? And can you create a connection to a QlikView app that is local to the NPrinting Server?

Once that is working publish the QlikView app to the QlikView Server. I assume that is on a separate server?

First off, open QlikView on the NPrinting Server using the account running NPrinting, and use File / Open in Server to check that you can open the QlikView app. This is to check that the account running NPrinting has permission to open the QlikView app published to the QlikView Server. If this does not work then you need to fix it.

Once that is working, in NPrinting, create a connection to the app published to the QlikView Server:

In the connection set Type = Server

In the qvp:// box type the name or IP address of the QlikView server. With the qvp:// this will be the same as the QVP you would use to open the app, but without the name of the app. For example, qvp://servername/Apps

In the Document name box, type the name of the app. For example: xxx.qvw.

Done. 🙂

ernestogaona21

Hi MCEwan,

Nprinting Server is setup correctly. The engine is Online and my first connect was Local Type and it was working fine!

The Nprinting Server is installed on the same machine of qlikview Server. (qlik server/desktop and nprinting can't to work in the same machine? )

The windows user for nprinting is only for nprinting and it has a license for open qlikview documents.

Please help me!.

myEngine.PNG

myconn.PNG

Regards,