Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multi-dimensional Bar Chart defaulting to Stacked bars - how to undo?

Hi - I have a bar chart with Total revenue on the Y-axis, and Sales Group on the X-axis. I then set up Conditional expressions for drilling further than Sales Group on the X-axis (Group -> Line -> Network -> Profit Center), so four total dimensions. The conditional expression used for each is:

Line:                GetSelectedCount(Group)=1

Network:          GetSelectedCount(Line)=1

Profit Center:    GetSelectedCount(Network)=1

This gives the chart drill-down functionality. The issue is that when drilling down below the 2nd dimension (beyond Line), the chart automatically defaults to a Stacked Bar Chart. Any workaround for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure I fully understand.

What expressions / calculations are you using in your three expressions? Wouldn't a single expression with drill down dimension group do what you want? In other words, do you need to add a different expression when drilling down?

Or do you want to use mutual exclusive expressions, then maybe add to the conditionals something like

Line:                GetSelectedCount(Group)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Line)=0 AND GetSelectedCount(Network)=0

Network:          GetSelectedCount(Line)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Network)=0

Or check the drill down group dimension using GetCurrentField( GroupName) in the expression conditional.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure I fully understand.

What expressions / calculations are you using in your three expressions? Wouldn't a single expression with drill down dimension group do what you want? In other words, do you need to add a different expression when drilling down?

Or do you want to use mutual exclusive expressions, then maybe add to the conditionals something like

Line:                GetSelectedCount(Group)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Line)=0 AND GetSelectedCount(Network)=0

Network:          GetSelectedCount(Line)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Network)=0

Or check the drill down group dimension using GetCurrentField( GroupName) in the expression conditional.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefan! I probably explained poorly, but it looks like I was just forgetting the 'AND' portions of the conditionals you added above. After following your example, it worked. Thanks again