Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Making a field in a table clickable

Is there a way within a table object to make a field in a row clickable.

I have a table listing open support cases and I'd like to be able to launch our case viewer by clicking on the case number in the row and building a URL that will launch the case viewer,

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

Did you try to use the Display Option, Representation 'Link' on the Expression tab of your straight table?

Best regards,

Claudia

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

in addition, the formula for your expression should be

='navigatie<URL>'&Link

where Link is your object.

In your table it will look like navigatie and clicking on it will navigate you to Link (the path data in your object).

Good luck,

Claudia

Not applicable
Author

Hi Claudia

Thanks for the advice.

I tried adding an expression as 'http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/index.aspx?aid='&ArticleID

Then setting the expression to display as a Link but it doesn't make the field clickable in the table.

It would also be better if I could add this as a dimension rather than an expression, that way I could position the clickable field like I do with the other fields displayed in each row of the table.

I'm pretty new to QlikView and am using the Personal edition.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

Hope this example (see attachment) answers your question.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Not applicable
Author

Claudia

A quick question before I try this, I'm using the Personal version too and was a little concerned about the warning when I opened your example.

If I open your qvw file will I still be able to use my own files aftrewards?

Not applicable
Author

Mark,

To avoid any problems with your QV version, I made screenshots in a how-to document.

Not applicable
Author

Claudia

Thank you for taking the time to do that...it is working now.

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Hi Claudia,

I have a QLIK sense Desktop version 3.1 SR4 on my machine.

How to make a column clickable inside QLIK table:

So if I use the Rest Connector to retrieve the data from my webservice for example List of orders. Then I display the data in a table in QLIK sense (Order List).

Now when I click on a record on my Order List, I need to make another REST call and get the order details for that order. How should I pass the Order ID to my Subsequent REST call to get the order details for that order.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi TN,

Since this thread is several years old, and is for QlikView, please post your question as a new thread in the New to Qlik Sense space. This will help you get a useful response and resolution.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Qlik Community Team