Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Are "No User CAL" errors logged on the server?

We've recently had usage spikes and ran out of licenses.

I'd like to know exactly how many people tried to open a document and were denied due to this issue.  I attempted to look through the logs but was unable to find it.

Has anyone out there done this before?

BTW..  it only just now occurs to me that it's possible there is a (Low/Med/High) logging info threshold.  Not sure, just speculating.  I'll take a look but would still appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance,

Arturo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter and Dathu.  It did exist in the Events log only after I set the Event Log Verbosity to High.  We'll have to monitor how fast they grow because I know it's been an issue in the past.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Did you installed the Governance Dashboard on your environment? If not try it and you can get 360 on your environment.

QlikView Governance Dashboard

Not applicable
Author

Thanks....   We have it installed and looking through it now I don't see anywhere that tells me users were denied due to "No User CAL" errors.

Any other suggestions?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check the Events logs on your QlikView server. Whenever a user is denied access because of having no license, something like the following is written to the Events log.

... CAL allocation: All x licensed Named CALs are allocated. No CAL assigned to user "MACHINE\ACCOUNTNAME" - usage denied.

Depending on your server configuration, the types of licenses that are available and the log level, the wording may be different.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter and Dathu.  It did exist in the Events log only after I set the Event Log Verbosity to High.  We'll have to monitor how fast they grow because I know it's been an issue in the past.