Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prma7799
Master III
Master III

NPrinting: scheduling via batch file

Hi All, djk‌ , Avinashelite‌,

When we start scheduling any report then we have to put Nprinting application open.

Without open application how to scheduled task?

If we work on some another qvw application (abc.qvw) and between them NPrinting task is running then NPrinting qvw file (xyz.qvw) is disturbing the running work and after task is complete or after close NPrinting application close both file will close.

How to work on this?

Is there any option to handle above situation?

Thanks

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your post seems to imply that you do not have Nprinting Server.  If you are doing your scheduled tasks from the Client, you will experience interruption of your other Qlikview tasks when a scheduled job runs.  I am assuming that you are using Nprinting 16.  It would be nice if Nprinting 16 opened its own session of QV, when it ran its scheduler and this would not be a problem.

So, my suggestion would be to run your scheduler overnight when you are not using your desktop for production work or setup a stand alone desktop with Nprinting Client installed with its own license to Qlik to act as your  Pseudo Server.

Even if you setup a batch file to run, I think it will still attempt to open a local session of Qlik on your desktop and interrupt what you are doing.

Hope that helps

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply...

As I have NPrinting server also. Is there any other solution like via batch to scheduled report.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have Nprinting Server, than you should be using the Service with your scheduler and it should not be opening a copy of QV on your local machine.  The server should have its own licensed copy of QV desktop and then open the QVW from your production storage location.

You create scheduled tasks with your client and save the NSQ files to your server.

I am missing out on the part of how the server scheduler is interfering with your production work on your desktop.

Please explain