Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkpandey
Contributor III
Contributor III

AllowexecuteCommand Setting Violate

Hi All

I am getting the error while running the "EXECUTE" command in my script though I have checked the "Script(Allow Database Write and Execute Statement"  in the User Preferences and also ticked the "Can Execute External Programs" in settings.

12 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

What is the error message you are getting? Are you trying on access point? If so, have you checked the related setting on server (QMC)?

pkpandey
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tresesco

I am getting the error "AllowExecuteCommand Setting Violation detected" in the Log file of the script. I have not tried in the access point. What are the related setting in QMC? Please suggest. I have added the record AllowExecuteCommand=1 in the setting.ini also

tresesco
MVP
MVP

What is your QV version?

pkpandey
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tresesco

My QV Version is 12

Regrds

PKP

tresesco
MVP
MVP

After making the changes in Settings.ini , Did you restart the services? If not try doing so.

pkpandey
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI Tresesco

Yes After making the changes in the settings.ini I have restarted the services. Though it is giving the same error

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Do you have multiple servers running QDS? If so, make sure the change is done in all of them.

pkpandey
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tresesco

I am having only one Qlikview Server running QDS and I do not have publishers.

Best Regards

PKP

tresesco
MVP
MVP

One last try I would do like:

1. Set the AllowExecuteCommand=0

2. Save he ini file

3. Restart the services

4. Check now if the error comes

5. Reset the value to 1/0 (whichever suits)

6. Repeat Step 2-4

If this doesn't help, try contacting Qlik support or wait for some more inputs from experts here.