Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing totals when hovering

Hi

I know you can show totals when hovering on a bar chart. But my totals on my expressions are all divided by millions, so it you hover ot shows 121 for 121435000, so how do I show the full total while hovering?

29 Replies
Not applicable
Author

But how do I differentiate between the two, when using it, its easy enough with a text and a number field in the Dual, how would it work with two number, for example Dual(250000,0.25). Am I understanding you correctly?

avinashelite

try like this

DUAL( your_expression, your_expression/1000000)

Not applicable
Author

Can you do it on the actual expression inside a chart or in the load statement, there are some really small values involved in single rows, so would you out lose a lot of data, example 500 would be 0.000500, Qlikview would keep these values?

Still the remaining issue is, seeing as they are two numeric values, how do I differentiate between they two in a chart, how do I select it I want to use the million value or the full value?

Hope I am making sense

avinashelite

Qlikview will  not ignore any values

dual(expression1,expression2) functions like this

In dual expression1 will be considered for your hover display but for the chart the value of the expression2 is considered .

EG: if you have dual(Month_name,Month_value) then

while building the chart your Y Axis will be generated according to the Month_value but will showing it in the hover the value of Month_name is displayed .

In your case dual() function will help you to set the Y axis always set to M and it the hover it will show the actual values

hope this makes better

Not applicable
Author

It helps, but I am still unsure how you deal with the two numeric values, how do I code it to use the one for the Hovering and one for the Y Axis? Do you maybe have an example? I have only used Dual for a text and numeric before, never with two numeric values.

Sorry for all the questions, just can't get my head around the two numeric values, maybe I am just overcomplicating it

avinashelite

nothing to worry with the 2 numeric values dual will handle it.

how do I code it to use the one for the Hovering and one for the Y Axis?

dual(expression,expression/10000000)

here expression will be considered for the hover and expression/10000000 will be set for the Axis you need to worry on this part try with the expression

Not applicable
Author

Just remember I have more than one bar in a chart. I saw some examples where its easy with only one bar i a chart adding an extra field. I also have line charts where I do the hovering, but it should be the same principle.

As said before I have got it working with my charts with values more than a million

Not applicable
Author

Will it autoselect which one to use for Y axis and which to use for hovering?

avinashelite

yes , 1st part is for hovering and 2 part is for the y axis

Not applicable
Author

Will try this and let you know. Thanks so much for the help sofar