Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different Kind of Line Chart

I'm trying to create the visualization below. I've been focusing in on using a line chart to get this done but all of my efforts have lead to dead ends. It's not a simple line chart where the dimensional values are plotted on X,Y, but more each dimensional value is accumulating for each X axis. Not sure if that makes sense so to make clear look at the chart below.

Black Line - Value fills to 3,778.9

Orange - Value "appends" or "accumulats" on top of Black Line value

Purple - The total of all values

It's almost like I have to use the BAR OFFSET option on the expression for each value, offsetting each value by the sum of the values that proceeded it ....? Also what about filling in the chart vs. just straight lines.

Any suggestions for me to try would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Assuming your dimensions are set correctly then the below should be possible:

Which is simply a Line Chart with 2 dimensions (1st Date, 2nd the 'row' dim from your table) and a single expression - eg sum(Sales) the Style is then simply set to a 'Stacked / Filled' chart.

Hope that helps - unless I'm missing something?

All the best,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

View solution in original post

2 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Assuming your dimensions are set correctly then the below should be possible:

Which is simply a Line Chart with 2 dimensions (1st Date, 2nd the 'row' dim from your table) and a single expression - eg sum(Sales) the Style is then simply set to a 'Stacked / Filled' chart.

Hope that helps - unless I'm missing something?

All the best,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Matt I knew there was an easy solution I wasn't thinking of! Thank you Thank you. I got so boggled down trying to make it work using functionality in the other tabs I totally forgot about the "Look" options provided in the Style tab. Thanks againSmile