Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating average from "above" created expression in a chart

Hi All,

I was trying to build this for 4 hours and I failed miserably. Basically what I am trying to do is:

Imagine that you have set of time constraints (that can vary - but I can easily fix that). For the sake of the example, let them be weeks - that are the dimension of the chart = week1, week 2 etc.I am creating the chart from a dataset that looks like below:

Week number Volume Done

1                    100

2                    123

3                    93

4                    97

What also I did is I created a line (the chart was bar + line, when bar shows the volume in total) that shows the movement in the volume shown in percentage - for example - in week 2 we have 23 % increase compared to week 1 and in week 3 we have around 30 % decrease compared tpo week 2) etc.

I used similar expression in the chart = sum(Volume)/above(sum(volume)) -1 and it works fine.

However i am failing to achieve an AVERAGE movement per week. For example if we have -15%, + 5% - 10%, I want to get them all in Positive % and divide them by 3 - simple as that - it should show 10% if we stick to the 3 numbers shown above.

I am trying to show this average percentage either in a text inside the chart or in a textbox outside of the chart. If I am using straight table and if I use the average total it works but it does not show accurate values (when  aggr and avg used) inside the chart or in a textbox (same formula used) - it only provides accurate numbers in a straight table (average total).

Please can you help as this is driving me crazy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think if you can create a master calendar first thing in the script, you are set with all your date related field to be sorted in the correct manner.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Try this:

sum(Volume)/above(sum(volume), -1, 1)

Above ‒ QlikView

May you live in interesting times!
sunny_talwar

What about this:

Avg(fabs(Aggr(Sum(Volume)/Above(Sum(volume)) -1, Week)))

Update: Missed a parenthesis

sunny_talwar

Sample attached based on the sample data provided

Capture.PNG

Expression

Avg(fabs(Aggr(Sum(Volume)/Above(Sum(Volume)) -1, Week)))

Not applicable
Author

Can you implement this in chart or in text object? I mean I tried with aggr and average but in straight table it work - in chart it doesnt' and this is the worst part.

sunny_talwar

Did it in a text box only

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Perhaps I am doing something wrong here. When i extract the chart data and compare it to the text box avg I get completely different results:

SUM(Alpha)/(above(Sum (Alpha),1))-1 (avg: 1480 % (as we have huuge increase from week 1 Jan to week 2)

=avg(fabs(aggr(SUM(Alpha)/(above(Sum (Alpha),1))-1,WEEK_NBR))) - I get 16 % on average

VOlumes:

1. 26.0

:

sunny_talwar

Which data are you using to calculate these percentages? Can you share a sample of where you are working?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please note that your WEEK_NBR field values need to show a LOAD ORDER in the order you have used in your chart (e.g. just sorted numeric ascending).

If the LOAD ORDER is different from that, create this first in your script;

TMP:

LOAD Recno() as WEEK_NBR

Autogenerate 53; // or how many weeks you have at max

Then load your data.

Finally, you can drop your TMP table, if you want.

edit: Or, if you are using QV12

The sortable Aggr function is finally here!

Not applicable
Author

In general I have a data pulled from SQL Server - then when I put the data in weekly dimension I have those figures above. You can see that the difference between 26 and 4231 in the first two weeks only is over 1k % increase. The most annoying part is when i put the data in straight table and make an average total it calculates it correctly - but in the chart ot text object it gives me totaly different thing. Once again the volumes weekly are(in positive percentage):

I get it in the chart with:

SUM(Alpha)/(above(Sum (Alpha),1))-1

Weekly viewVolume vs SLA MovementVolume Movementpositive
126,0-
24 231,016 173,1%16 173,1%
34 477,05,8%5,8%
44 600,02,7%2,7%
54 682,01,8%1,8%
64 901,04,7%4,7%
74 575,0-6,7%6,7%
84 688,02,5%2,5%
94 657,0-0,7%0,7%
104 696,00,8%0,8%
114 582,0-2,4%2,4%
123 435,0-25,0%25,0%

in the text box I use:

=avg(fabs(aggr(SUM(Alpha)/(above(Sum (Alpha),1))-1,WEEK_NBR)))so if I use the same expression with aggr in text box

I get 0.1613.... which is clearly not the case