Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV12 in QMC 11.20?

Is it possible to connect QV12 SR1 with QMC QV 11.20 SR12? Is there any known issues with this configuration?

I am getting the error message "The Web server is currently not responding" in QMC for the QV Web Service connection to my QV 12 server. The URL http://servername.domain:4750/QVWS/Services is working when I past the link into IE - The web service is responding.

/Fredrik

11 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

I think is it possible..

try to chk with other browser or  upgrade ur version aswell. and resrt ur system.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Your client and server are of different Version or what?

Are you trying to access QMC From Client,

http://YourServerIP:4780/qmc/default.htm

It should work.

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
marcus_sommer

A general rule is not to mix up different releases and AFAIK there is a problem within QV 12 SR1 so that you should be better wait for a fix or the next release.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it's a mixed installation with different versions. 

Directory Service, Distribution Service and Management Service are all running on a separate server with QV11.20 SR12. QlikView Server and Setting Services are running on one server with QV12 SR.

The reason why I can't update Publisher from 11 to 12 is that this environment is in production. The new test server with QV12 is running with a test server license. But there is no test license for Publisher...

marcus_sommer

You could ask qlik respectively your partner if a time-limited upgrade-licence are possible to check the whole environment. Another question: is there a concret reason why do you want to migrate the production system from a stable SR12 to a initial respectively early release of QV 12?

- Marcus

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The reason why I can't update Publisher from 11 to 12 is that this environment is in production. The new test server with QV12 is running with a test server license. But there is no test license for Publisher...

Are you sure about the test license? At least I have a read about the publisher test license in one of the Qlik price lists.

Not applicable
Author

We will not migrate the production system to QV12 now, but we have to start testing our existing apps with QV12 SR1.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indeed, there is a Test license for QlikView Publisher. There always was, sort of. But a "recent" change by Qlik was to make it a paying option, and not a dual license anymore. Before Oct 2014, each Publisher license could be installed in the Test environment as well. After that date, new Publisher licenses became single environment-only.

Fredrik, did you order your Publisher license before or after Oct 2014?

And another question to make sure that I understand your situation: the QlikView Settings Service is used when running IIS as AccessPoint web server. Then why are you connecting to the QVWS service?

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry, I answered my own second question. In your OP you're connecting to the Settings service which acts just like there was a QVWS running.