Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avinashelite

PPT - Pagination based on number of rows.

Hi Friends,

I have Qlikview NPrinting app in which I need implement the Paging based on the number of rows defined by clients in PPT , in Excel we have this feature by default but PPT does not support this . If we add rowno in the script we can achieve this using the Page concept in NPrinting  but table rows are dynamic and its totally based on the front end expressions. so I need to handle this in the front end .

Any ideas would be appreciated

table content looks this

Dim1Dim2exp1

A

a1100
Bb1200
Cb2300
Db3400
Ec1500
Fc2600
Gc3700
Hc4800

EG : In NPrinting I need first 4 rows to be in one slide and next 4 rows in next slide

NOTE : I need to achieve this in the front end because the row count will dynamic based on the expressions

7 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

How many records you have in your table?

avinashelite
Author

Hi Kush,

Thanks for the response , we can achieve the pagination use the filed but by case is bit different , I need to do the pagination based on the number of rows generated after the expression .... I have around 150 rows so I need to divided this rows(not based on the dimensions but with the row numbers  ) into 3 slides

eg first slide 53 rows , 2 second 53 rows and rest in the last slide

Hope you got my issue

Kushal_Chawda

may be this is bit awkward but, can you try creating the 3 objects for 3 slides, all the 3 object will have 59 rows. I don't know will it be fit for your requirement , but as said it is based on expression so it will be quite difficult to achieve. But try creating some flags for your expression and define the rowno in script itself.

avinashelite
Author

I have tried this Kush141087‌ problem is the rows are dynamic so if I go with 3 objects and if the number of rows get reduced than we will end-up with generating empty slide .....I am try to find alternative solution will let you know

thanks for the inputs

Kushal_Chawda

May be  sjw can help you?

Stephen_Jasionowski

We have tried to use pagination to split tables in PPT and what we found is that it's actually a limitation of PowerPoint itself and that NPrinting can't provide a solution b/c of that.

If anyone has better results, please let us know.