Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Avoiding loops in linking tables

Hi Community,

I have been having this issue for quite some time and just can't figure out my issue. (i'm sure it is fairly straight forward)

In a nutshell, I have four tables: sales, targets, sets, and calendar. My issue is linking the sales, targets and sets tables without creating loops.

Each sales has data pertaining to the supplier of the product. My sets table groups some suppliers into sets and my targets are customer AND supplier set specific. Please offer some help on how i should link all this. (color codes below show what have to me linked)

error loading image

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Nothing seems to be working, this is what i would like to obtain as my final chart, i can either get the sales to appear, or the targets to appear but not both

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

As new_user3 suggested, left join your supplier sets onto your Sales table. Yes, you get a synthetic key. That synthetic key tells you that the relationship between sales and targets are by supplier set and customer. That is your intended relationship. The synthetic key is therefore relating your data the way you intended it to be related. It's not a problem; it's a solution.

See attached.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much to you and new_user3!