Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

SalesForce connector limited extract

Hello Everyone,

I am facing an issue with the SalesFoce Connector on the "Event" table :

Only an avg of 5### rows are loaded, versus >30000 in SalesForce.

And it seems this appears only for this table. I do not use any "where" clause.

QV Desktop:  11.20.12904.0 SR12 64-bit

SalesForce Connector : Qlik SalesForce Connector Version 13.1.0.5 publisher QlikTek

Did anyone already face this issue ?

Any help would be appreciated,

Tanks

Thomas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thomas,

This Problem seems to be like one I had myself.

Recently I heard that some tables in Salesforce are archived by Default, among them Event.

The Solution in the Connector is to change the parameter QueryMode from Query to QueryAll. That causes the Query to fetch all Records from Event, also archived and deleted. It did the Trick for me.

I hope this will help You too.

Best Regards

/Bertil

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thomas,

This Problem seems to be like one I had myself.

Recently I heard that some tables in Salesforce are archived by Default, among them Event.

The Solution in the Connector is to change the parameter QueryMode from Query to QueryAll. That causes the Query to fetch all Records from Event, also archived and deleted. It did the Trick for me.

I hope this will help You too.

Best Regards

/Bertil

thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So, Yes sorry I had the answer: this is a non-QV issue.

SalesForce has an auto-archived function. When you load data from other ways SF knows it has to search in archived tables. But connector load only actual non-archived data.

My customer asked SF to get in this "event" table an history of #Years.

Your solution seems better.

Thanks,

Thomas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your right. This is a Saleforce issue but You can actually deal with it in the Connector.

To the Salesforce API you can send the parameter ”ALL ROWS" to fetch all rows. That parameter is what QueryAll sends to the API from the Connector.

I didn't know about this auto-archive function i Salesforce until just the other Day. Our Salesforce consultant knew about it and the parameter. He also told that the function by default archives records older than one Year but that You can change that somewhere in the Settings. We have older than 3 Years.

All the Best

/Bertil