Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Aanalysis - Referencing the cuurent selection

Within the current selection, I'm trying to count everybody who's spouse is also selected. Here's what I've got:

= Count({$
[Relation Related ID] = {$[Relation ID]}>
}
distinct [Relation ID])

The part in bold {$[Gifts ID]} is what I know is wrong. I want that to represent all of the Relation ID's of the current selection. I know if i were to say [Relation Related ID] = [Relation ID] it would look for rows where the two fields were equal. What I want is rows where the value in [Relation Related ID] can be found anywhere in [Relation ID] of the current selection. Does that make sense?

Thanks very much for any help you can offer.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ok,

I don't remember if set analysis in v8.5 allows for example the following syntax:

Count({< Field2 = {"$(=chr(39) & Concat(Field3, chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39))"} >} Field1)

Or something like that, since Concat() allows to get a comma separated list of all possible values in Field3. Those chr(39) are the single quote character, required when the values are literals (strings) so the Concat() function in a text box should return

A','B','C

Without the first and last single quotes, that I'm adding in the set analysis modifier.

It may be worth checking.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Maybe using P() function in set analysis?

Count({< [Relation Related ID] = P([Relation ID]) >} distinct [Relation ID])

That would read count any distinct value of "Relation ID" where "Relation Related ID" equals to any of the possible values -not excluded- of "Relation ID".

Is that what you are looking for?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response Miguel. That's exactly what I'm looking for, the problem is that we're stuck with Qlikview 8.5 and as I understand it the p{} function hasn't been introduced yet.

I'm tempted to give up, but I want to think that it must be possible given that you can easily compare multiple sets with each other.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ok,

I don't remember if set analysis in v8.5 allows for example the following syntax:

Count({< Field2 = {"$(=chr(39) & Concat(Field3, chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39))"} >} Field1)

Or something like that, since Concat() allows to get a comma separated list of all possible values in Field3. Those chr(39) are the single quote character, required when the values are literals (strings) so the Concat() function in a text box should return

A','B','C

Without the first and last single quotes, that I'm adding in the set analysis modifier.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ok,

A','B','C

Not applicable
Author

I'll give this a shot and see if I can make it work, it seems like it should. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

After removing the quotes this did the trick. Thanks again!