Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accessing QlikView Dashboards via Internet - cheapest solution?

Dear all,

I've got one question I'm not that familiar with...

I'd like to publish Qlikview Dashboards via Internet (through a secured connection?) for my costumers and I don't now which might be the cheapest solution.

At the beginning I thought that I need a QlikView Server + One named user (approx 18000€?)

Now I found out, that there are also the Extranet Server, as well as a Small Business Server.

Again: I develop x Dashboards (one developer licence) and X customers should access them via internet (only their dashboard). Furthermore, the customer data should not be accessible by others. What would be the cheapest solution further sticking to QlikView?

Any further readings would also be great!

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Thorsten

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There are license restrictions on giving your customers access to your QV server (though the Extranet server might be an option, with limited features, e.g. number of documents).

From my understanding, it would be good to get in touch with a Qlik sales rep. Your business model seems like a candidate for an OEM licensed server.

edit: You may also look into QS / SenseCloud.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There are license restrictions on giving your customers access to your QV server (though the Extranet server might be an option, with limited features, e.g. number of documents).

From my understanding, it would be good to get in touch with a Qlik sales rep. Your business model seems like a candidate for an OEM licensed server.

edit: You may also look into QS / SenseCloud.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I also would suggest looking at QlikSense. It is a product designed for today's internet age and may well give a more cost effective solution to your needs than QlikView, depending on the details of your needs.  You could also host it in the cloud, AWS is one option, then you won't need to worry about buying a box, internet pipe, aircon etc......

Do contact Qlik Sales - they wish to sell and you are looking at buying, so you should have synergy there.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for the quick answer! I will contact Qlik Sales!

Best regards

Thorsten