Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QS data load

Hello everyone,

Can you please help me hoe to load data   automatically in some specific time that we specify in qliksense?

Thanx and regards,

kshitija shinde

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Kshitija Shinde

Are you working with a single (Personal edition) Desktop, or are you working with Qlik Sense in Server setup with Qlik Sense Hub?

With Qlik Sense in a Server setup you can generate a TASK within the Qlik Management Console and you can trigger this task then with different criteria, e.g. a certain time of day, week, etc..

With a Personal Edition Desktop you could try to use e.g. Microsoft Windows Scheduler (I guess there are similar tools available for Mac or Linus) to start the QSF-File. I'm not sure, however, how you could then accomplish to start a reload in Qlik Sense (from the Hub in Qlik Sense you open "only" the Application Overview, not a specific worksheet of the App). In Qlik View you would add an action to be performed upon opening the first worksheet.

Of course, this would mean that your computer would have to be kept running.

Best regards

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What do you want to do? Schedule the reloading at a specific time or loading data from a specific period? Please give more details.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Gysbert,

Yes i want to  Schedule the reloading at a specific time .

Could you please help me with this .

Thankyou

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the QMC to create and schedule a task to reload the app: Creating reload tasks ‒ Qlik Sense

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Hi Kshitija Shinde

Are you working with a single (Personal edition) Desktop, or are you working with Qlik Sense in Server setup with Qlik Sense Hub?

With Qlik Sense in a Server setup you can generate a TASK within the Qlik Management Console and you can trigger this task then with different criteria, e.g. a certain time of day, week, etc..

With a Personal Edition Desktop you could try to use e.g. Microsoft Windows Scheduler (I guess there are similar tools available for Mac or Linus) to start the QSF-File. I'm not sure, however, how you could then accomplish to start a reload in Qlik Sense (from the Hub in Qlik Sense you open "only" the Application Overview, not a specific worksheet of the App). In Qlik View you would add an action to be performed upon opening the first worksheet.

Of course, this would mean that your computer would have to be kept running.

Best regards

Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank You so much

Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you so much.

This is what i wanted to know exactly .

Not applicable

Hi Kshitija Shinde

Cool! May I kindly ask you then to flag your question as answered and to indicate which one was the correct answer 

Best regards

Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey,

how can i flag this question as answered?

Not applicable

Hi Kshitija Shinde,

I think you can either click on the red part "... unanswered" just below the caption of your question to change the status to "..answered" - or you find a similar "Change of Status to answered" in the drop down menu of "Actions".

I'm not sure that any of the mentioned menu items or buttons are really labeled as I described them as I do not have the English Version of the webpage activated.

Thanx and best regards