Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView: repeat background image horizontally only

Hello,

is there a way to have a background image only repeated horizontally from left to right only, but nut from top to bottom?

I want to build some kind of header for a dashboard and so I'd like to have a part in the top of the dashboard with a special background. The dashboard is viewed on various display sizes and resolutions: some users prefer (older) iPads, most use a screen display with 22 - 27 inch size, and the first start with high-resolution displays ("Retina"). So I want the background to fit the screen while being flexible for different display sizes.

Thanks,

Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure but I think I have some time ago experienced a situation where a large background-image didn't led to scroll-bars if it was larger then the screen and it was simply cut up on the screen-edges.

I believe if this didn't work you will need an extension which could read and react on the screen-size and/or which used a css-file.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure but I think I have some time ago experienced a situation where a large background-image didn't led to scroll-bars if it was larger then the screen and it was simply cut up on the screen-edges.

I believe if this didn't work you will need an extension which could read and react on the screen-size and/or which used a css-file.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Okay, so I will get back to some thousand pixel sized background image. Hope that I will make it big enough to fit in Retina displays as well.

Best,

Martin