Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot authenticate users via LDAPS

Hi,

We're facing issues autheticating users over LDAPS. I can connect to the LDAPS server and find users. After adding licenses to the users I try to log in. When I try to log in, I get "Login failed". Attaching my DSP settings.

DSP settings.png

18 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I Will send you a couple of document tomorrow Kristoffer.

//Staffan

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Did you give an authorization  and a CAL to this user as below if you use DMS?

2016-03-15_20h37_28.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi xia,

Yes I did give authorization and CAL to a user in the LDAP cathalogue.

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III

If you seach this use as below, what could you find?

2016-03-15_20h52_33.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Xia,

Yes, I find users from LDAPS catalogue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Kristoffer

QlikView setup is very confusing in this area. The Directory Service Connector is principally there to support authorization. Simply adding your LDAP details into the DSC setup is not sufficient to support authentication of your user against that LDAP directory.

In order to authenticate your user's login using your LDAP service as the arbitrator of that authentication, you almost certainly need to create a custom login page to gather the user's login details and to validate them against your LDAP service.

In the Support Portal QlikView publish a document Customized Authentication v2 0.pdf the link is here This describes how LDAP, web ticketing and creating your own login forms. This document will be invaluable for you.

Following on from that @Johannes Sunden goes into detail in his posting QlikView 11.2 - Authenticate against LDAP via login form and even provides some example code.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul

I think this could help me in the right direction. unfortunately I don't have access to Salesforce. But the link fo @Johannes Sundens case seems like a hint

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know how to attach docs or the facility has been stopped so I cant attach a copy of Customized Authentication V2 0.pdf

@Bill Britt has attached the document in a response on this thread

Hope it helps.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

QlikView does not do authentication only authorization..... The LDAP connector are used to assign users and groups to documents and not for authentication.

You will have to build yourself a SSO solution and and past the header information to Qlik.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.