Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error during execution task in NPrinting

Hello!

During execution task in NPrinting for QV i have such error:

Interface not supported (on the added picture).

Maybe anyone knows what it mean's and how to solve it?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The "interface not supported" in NPrinting error could have a number of sources.

1. The "interface not supported" error generally indicates that a particular add-on that the program is looking for has not been properly installed or setup in the registry.

This happens most of the time when you uninstall one software package that removes files or settings need by another.

2. The error message you get may be due to an incomplete or corrupted installation of NPrinting or QlikView.

Please, reinstall NPrinting again. Remember to run the setup file as an administrator ( right click on the setup.exe file and choose "run as administrator").

3. Please, reinstall QlikView or execute the repair procedure.

4. If the issue persists, you may also need to perform the MS office repair procedure as well. Here you can find a link you can follow for this:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40...

Please look into these when able. After performing a reinstall or software repair, please reboot the computer and test if the issue is still persistent.

If you have any questions about NPrinting you can contact the NPrinting support team at support@vizubi.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I might be giving this a little bump, but I also encountered this problem and found another possible issue/solution which I would like to add.

In my case Nprinting log gave this error when the excel file generated by the Nprinting Task was too long.

After removing one of the Cycle Fields that was also used in the Dynamic naming, the report generated without problems.

Might be an option to try before people start reinstalling QV, NPrinting and/or MS Office

EDIT: might have gotten a little ahead of myself here, It was not length of the file name, but cycling itself that generated the error. I'm getting this error when cycling reports for Excel and when Using "Levels" in generating Excel files.

jakob_rasmussen
Contributor III
Contributor III

I just experienced the same error. Everything worked fine when generating a report and two minutes later I got the error. It started working again after a restart NPrinting Designer, all QV.exe instances and Excel. So be cautious before you start to reinstall everything or redesign all your reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, dear!