Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

IIS configuration for Qlik Sense ?

Hello,

I have a really silly question here.. I've been using Qlikview Server for years and now I want to try Qlik Sense.

I have downloaded the Server version and I have installed it on a Windows 2008 SR2 Server.

Everything run fine, all services are running with a specifc account (except Repository Database)

But when I try to access the QMC, it doesn't work and I have a 404 Error from my IIS 7.5 installed on this server.

If I look at the IIS configuration, it is the default web site without any Qlik files.

Do I have to manually install something here ? QMC as well as Hub data ?  why haven't the install files installed them ?

Is IIS 7.5 too old ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlik Sense has its own web server. What you're seeing is a conflict between that one and IIS. The standard ports 80 and 443 will be taken by IIS so it's impossible to access the Qlik Sense Hub. Either stop IIS or configure Qlik Sense Server to use other ports and access the QMC on those ports.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlik Sense has its own web server. What you're seeing is a conflict between that one and IIS. The standard ports 80 and 443 will be taken by IIS so it's impossible to access the Qlik Sense Hub. Either stop IIS or configure Qlik Sense Server to use other ports and access the QMC on those ports.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Qlik Sense has its own server ?

I have stopped all my IIS websites and ports and now https://localhost/qmc/  says Connection Failed

Where could I configure the internal web server of Qlik Sense ?

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, Qlik Sense has its own servers (or rather services).

You can configure the proxy service... in the QMC

Is the Qlik Sense Proxy Service (QPS) allowed to use port 443?

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok, I had to restart after installation of .Net 4.5.

Then I have managed to remove old certificates I had from my test of Qlikview Next

Then I had to relaunch the installation of Qlik Sense with Repair Mode

And now it's fine, everything's ok

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Cool. Glad you got it sorted.